1. notapelican

OP notapelican Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Does anyone know if WiiWare games still work with Wiimmfi? For a while now I've been getting error 20100, and now recently I'm getting error 23400, the same one that I get with CoD games and such.

I already used the cheat codes to take care of the CoD games, but even after reinstalling all the patched WADs, I still get error 23400 on my WiiWare games... why?

2. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Are you aware of Wiimmfi?

E1ite007 and jeannotte like this.
  3. TheThief

TheThief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is a reply copy and pasted from official Nintendo help forums. Nintendo employees volunteer here now? Lol

4. notapelican

OP notapelican Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    EDIT: I finally figured it out! Just in case anyone else has this problem, all you have to do is delete your old .bin file from the SD Card or the console, and replace it with the new one that generates when installing the .wad file.

Just to be extra sure I tried with one game (Excitebike) and installed the WAD, then opened the game from my console (the new .bin file) and with my original profile I got error 60000, which was expected. I created a new file and connected to WFC, then I was able to connect! Afterwards, I went to my SD card to load Excitebike (the old .bin file) from there, and I got error 23400 on both my original and new profile.

It might seem kinda obvious but a lot of tutorials claim that if the game is already installed, reinstalling the wad is enough and there's no need to mess with the .bin and/or the save files, and maybe that was the case before Nintendo messed up their codes and caused the error 23400, but now the new .bin files must replace the old ones so they connect.

Last edited by notapelican, Jan 26, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiWare, Error, 23400