Hacking Error 022-2634 when starting e-shop

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm on emunand 10.3 using RxTools. Apparently to properly install CIAs with FBI you need to first boot the e-shop for some files to install. Everytime I try to do so I keep getting error 022-2634. I found a guide here:

http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com.co/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html

Will doing this guarantee all my bought e-shop titles will be there when booting emunand through Rxtools again and also keep the autobbot via crttools?

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I normally wouldn't do this, but eh. After following all the steps in this guide I booted up rxtools again, but can't start emunand. It just gives me a black screen.

nuthead0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have had the problem you have and the way I've solved it was to backup emunand>format> go into eshop and relink nintendo id>reinject emunand

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have had the problem you have and the way I've solved it was to backup emunand>format> go into eshop and relink nintendo id>reinject emunand
But what about the files in the 3DS folder created when the emunand back up was injected again that are the same as the ones in the 3DS folder backup you originally made? Which ones did you keep?

Also, which rxtools folder should I keep. The one I initially made the back up from or the one I used in the tutorial?

nuthead0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If my memory serves you should be able to pop your original backup folder into the 3DS folder and it should be working. Rxtools - honestly I think you should just reinstall it.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If my memory serves you should be able to pop your original backup folder into the 3DS folder and it should be working. Rxtools - honestly I think you should just reinstall it.
Some files were conflicting with each other, that's why I'm asking which ones I should keep. Did you reinstall rxtools? So, you didn't restore the rxtools folder at all?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What you could have done was:
1. Back up Emunand (there should be an emunand.bin or something) and the Emunand folder in "Nintendo 3DS" (you can tell by how big it is, depending on if you installed any titles on it)
2. Go to Emunand and go into system settings and hit format System Memory.
3. Set up your "system" again and then sign into NNID from the settings menu
4. Then you can inject the Emunand backup and place the emunand folder back

And then you're done.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't that link back the NANDs again?

No, that's if you're creating a brand new Emunand. Going into Emunand's system settings and formatting it from there is just like formatting Sysnand... I have no better explanation of this if you don't get it.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Ok, hold on. I made a back up of my 10.3 emunand before all this with emunand tool. That counts for step one, right? I'm really new to this whole scene and I'm a bit tired from trying to make this whole thing work so sorry if I'm wrong.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Ok, hold on. I made a back up of my 10.3 emunand and all data on my SD Card before all this with emunand tool. That counts for step one, right? I'm really new to this whole scene and I'm a bit tired from trying to make this whole thing work so sorry if I'm wrong.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, hold on. I made a back up of my 10.3 emunand and all data on my SD Card before all this with emunand tool. That counts for step one, right? I'm really new to this whole scene and I'm a bit tired from trying to make this whole thing work so sorry if I'm wrong.

If you had installed games on your Emunand I'd create another backup. It'll be much easier to distinguish later.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Even easier:

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
2) Go in emunand system settings, pick system format
3) Let it do its thing
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted emunand
5) Restore emunand backup and put its folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/
reason
022-2634 happens when your NNID is unlinked from your 3DS on Nintendo's servers, but still linked to your 3DS on your nand.
So you attempt to log in with it, but the servers see it as not being linked to your 3DS, so it throws an error.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
unless you have a 2ds, i recommend downgrading mset to the 4.5 fw old one, then you can format the nand without the 3ds calling home and unlimking your nnid :)
but too late now!

D

Deleted-236924

Lol I check my notifications this morning and they were all about the 022-2634 error and all from different threads.

Anyway.

Never thought of using Decrypt9, it's just that since you're putting your sd card in the computer to backup or move the folder in /Nintendo 3DS/ might as well do the backup/restore nand there. :P

But hmm since you can unmount SD card in Decrypt9 you can do that just to move the Nintendo 3DS folder, then put back in 3DS and do your thing, then Decrypt9 restore emunand, unmount sd, pop back in computer move the folder, back to the 3ds, woot

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo