Hacking Error 003

bobbijoux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There are many softmod KR wii that Bricked with error 003 after updated to FW4.2.
Is there anybody in this forum that could solve this brick?
Please help those vulnerable WIIs!!

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If they do not have bootmii boot2 (which they won't due to Korean Wiis having a fixed boot1) or preloader installed, and they cannot boot to anything other than #003 error, then there is no homebrew solution.

The best way is to prevent getting the #003 error, by either not updating to 4.2x, or by waiting for cIOSCORP v3.5 to be released, installing cIOSCORP, and only then (after installing cIOSCORP v3.5), manually install a System Menu 4.2 wad of the region they changed to.

Although... just off the top of my head...
Maybe region-changed Korean Wiis could try recovery mode... If they can boot into it...

Maybe with a modchip, which is capable of autobooting discs from the recovery menu, along with trucha bugged IOS installed... and have cIOS249 installed...
If these conditions are met... then maybe they can boot a wad manager autoboot disc, and install IOS60 v6174 (to remove the IOS60 stub), then install System Menu 4.1 of the region they changed to...

Don't know if this will work though...

Do you have a Korean Wii?

bobbijoux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks mate!

I do not have one KR Wii myself (mine is 3.2U, D2C modchip, old but very handy), but, there are many in softmoded wii community in Thailand. Many of them are later KR wii that could not install modchip (many with D2pro, wasabi DX modchip though). So, it would be great to have them backed up at least half of the group.

" Although... just off the top of my head...
Maybe region-changed Korean Wiis could try recovery mode... If they can boot into it...

Maybe with a modchip, which is capable of autobooting discs from the recovery menu, along with trucha bugged IOS installed... and have cIOS249 installed...
If these conditions are met... then maybe they can boot a wad manager autoboot disc, and install IOS60 v6174 (to remove the IOS60 stub), then install System Menu 4.1 of the region they changed to... "

Do you think those modchip can run the recovery mode? How can I find the autobooting disc method topic in this forum?

Please advise>>

gajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi , am also looking for this solution.
I can run a backup self boot game on a console with error 003 kr (it has chip) as a back up auto boot with a wad mananger for example? there a tutorial?
how could I make up my game, a wad manager?
thank help

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I opened up my wii, and resolder my Wiikey2, booted in Rescue menu, and turned in an original game and the disc spins up, and the USA 4.2 disappear and black screen, same result as with my chip inside, strange?

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Groomery said:
SanGor said:

Is this really true? I have a Wiikey2 but no luck on booting games in rescue menu, shall i buy drivekey chip?

Not sure, don't have a modchip myself. But I have been reading some.
Isn't it possible you have to make your disc "autobootable" so to speak. Not sure a original wii game will work directly from rescue menu.

I think I've read somewhere about a program that does that, or perhaps it was some kind of special made autobootable rescue disc?

On the other hand, do you know if you have to change some setting in the wiikey? I know there has been different "config-discs" for you chip. Maybe there is a setting that has to be changed to make it autoboot?

I'm just trowing out some ideas.

EDIT:
Found this link. Maybe you should try it?
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
i have booted and can play Punchout patched with Wii_BootMe, is it possible to do the Indiana Pwns exploit, or do i need to go in to settings and make the save thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY