Error 003

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bobbijoux, Oct 10, 2009.

Oct 10, 2009

Error 003 by bobbijoux at 5:08 PM (2,862 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. bobbijoux
    OP

Newcomer bobbijoux Newbie

Thailand
    There are many softmod KR wii that Bricked with error 003 after updated to FW4.2.
    Is there anybody in this forum that could solve this brick?
    Please help those vulnerable WIIs!!

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    If they do not have bootmii boot2 (which they won't due to Korean Wiis having a fixed boot1) or preloader installed, and they cannot boot to anything other than #003 error, then there is no homebrew solution.

The best way is to prevent getting the #003 error, by either not updating to 4.2x, or by waiting for cIOSCORP v3.5 to be released, installing cIOSCORP, and only then (after installing cIOSCORP v3.5), manually install a System Menu 4.2 wad of the region they changed to.

Although... just off the top of my head...
    Maybe region-changed Korean Wiis could try recovery mode... If they can boot into it...

Maybe with a modchip, which is capable of autobooting discs from the recovery menu, along with trucha bugged IOS installed... and have cIOS249 installed...
    If these conditions are met... then maybe they can boot a wad manager autoboot disc, and install IOS60 v6174 (to remove the IOS60 stub), then install System Menu 4.1 of the region they changed to...

Don't know if this will work though...

Do you have a Korean Wii?

3. bobbijoux
    OP

Newcomer bobbijoux Newbie

Thailand
    Thanks mate!

I do not have one KR Wii myself (mine is 3.2U, D2C modchip, old but very handy), but, there are many in softmoded wii community in Thailand. Many of them are later KR wii that could not install modchip (many with D2pro, wasabi DX modchip though). So, it would be great to have them backed up at least half of the group.

" Although... just off the top of my head...
    Maybe region-changed Korean Wiis could try recovery mode... If they can boot into it...

Maybe with a modchip, which is capable of autobooting discs from the recovery menu, along with trucha bugged IOS installed... and have cIOS249 installed...
    If these conditions are met... then maybe they can boot a wad manager autoboot disc, and install IOS60 v6174 (to remove the IOS60 stub), then install System Menu 4.1 of the region they changed to... "

Do you think those modchip can run the recovery mode? How can I find the autobooting disc method topic in this forum?

Please advise>>

4. gajo

Newcomer gajo Member

Brazil
    Hi , am also looking for this solution.
    I can run a backup self boot game on a console with error 003 kr (it has chip) as a back up auto boot with a wad mananger for example? there a tutorial?
    how could I make up my game, a wad manager?
    thank help

5. Groomery

Member Groomery GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Same here, i also have a Wiikey2, but cant boot anything frpm Recoveru menu?

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you have chips I'm not sure why the menu isn't letting you boot a game.

7. Groomery

Sweden
    I have a bad feeling that my wiikey2 is the problem?

8. Groomery

Sweden
    I opened up my wii, and resolder my Wiikey2, booted in Rescue menu, and turned in an original game and the disc spins up, and the USA 4.2 disappear and black screen, same result as with my chip inside, strange?

9. Daco

Banned Daco Banned

Belgium
    HAHA

idiot

10. Groomery

Sweden
    if you cant help, shut your mouth!

11. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States
  12. Groomery

Sweden
    Is this really true? I have a Wiikey2 but no luck on booting games in rescue menu, shall i buy drivekey chip?

13. ante80

Newcomer ante80 Member

Sweden
    Not sure, don't have a modchip myself. But I have been reading some.
    Isn't it possible you have to make your disc "autobootable" so to speak. Not sure a original wii game will work directly from rescue menu.

I think I've read somewhere about a program that does that, or perhaps it was some kind of special made autobootable rescue disc?

On the other hand, do you know if you have to change some setting in the wiikey? I know there has been different "config-discs" for you chip. Maybe there is a setting that has to be changed to make it autoboot?

I'm just trowing out some ideas.

EDIT:
    Found this link. Maybe you should try it?
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

14. Groomery

Sweden
    i have booted and can play Punchout patched with Wii_BootMe, is it possible to do the Indiana Pwns exploit, or do i need to go in to settings and make the save thing?