error 002 on wii fit plus retail copy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by liftedplane, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010
  1. liftedplane
    OP

Newcomer liftedplane Member

United States
    I have a softmodded wii, it's a bit outdated softmod I think at 4.0 I'll have to check, I know I haven't played or updated it for about six months.

Either way I was given wii fit plus for christmas, the problem is everytime I put the disc in it loads up the screen on the disc channel it shows everything then when I press play I get a blue screen error 002

I've tried adjusting preloader to allow region free wii games... everything I can think of

I've also thought about updating, I'm just not sure where to start... I was wondering if the wii update works or do I have to completely redo my soft mod.

the wii shop channel doesn't work either... and some wads install but don't play.

any help would be appreciated.

and I have searched went through about thirty different topics and found nothing

2. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you install the IOS that it uses? Download the latest version of GeckoOS (1.9.3), and run the game through that. GeckoOS will tell you the IOS that the game uses, and give you an option to install only that IOS. Select yes, and it should work.

Alternatively, if you would like to try running it without installing any IOS, you can try running the game through GeckoOS 1.07b.

3. hellion_52883

Member hellion_52883 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Intall it to your HDD using USBloader GX load from HDD with same loader(works for WWE Smackdown VS RAW 2010)

I would still like a fix for error 002 on a retail disc....(small 80 gig HDD, WWE is almost 8 gigs)

4. liftedplane
    OP

Newcomer liftedplane Member

United States
    If the gekko fix works then perfect... I don't want to have to completely reinstall everything to update either though

can I use the built in update feature? it tells me it "may detect mods and...." you know... I read somewhere however that it updates to the latest cios... is this true

5. hellion_52883

Member hellion_52883 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no just install and run it from you HDD