1. oleguer

OP oleguer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hello forum!! I try to enable Host Protected Area (HPA) to my wiiu usb hdd I try HDAT2 but hdat2 only can enable the HPA on internal hdd.....
    anyone knows any app to enable HPA on usb hdd???
    Or anyone know any adapter to connect the usb hdd like internal sata hdd?? ((sata male to usb adapter?))
    Thanks forum!!

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Host Protected Area?

3. oleguer

Newcomer

Spain
    Yes @BaamAlex this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_protected_area
    my intention is simple, enable hpa to wiiu usb hdd (the question of the first post), plug in wiiu, format the hdd with protection (only format the size without protection) on wiiu,
    next plug the hdd on pc, disable HPA, and format the HPA part of hdd on fat32 to use them with vwii (and hide this partition with Ustealth) to make two partitions on the same wiiu hdd

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You can't have multiple partitions on a Wii U HDD, actually if you try to modify the partition table at all it will just ask you to reformat.
    Edit: Oh, I see what you mean now. You want to hide one part of the drive when in the Wii U OS, and hide the other part when you're in vWii. I have no idea if that would work or not, but anyway, it sounds like quite a lot of hassle, if you have to keep plugging it into the PC to switch which partition you want visible. It probably wouldn't work though, as you still need a partition table with both partitions listed in it for both Wii U and vWIi to be able to see it. And as said the Wii U OS would just ask you to reformat if you try to modify the partition table. HPA works because the data doesn't necessarily need to be a partition, and it can be hardcoded to treat a certain section as say a fat32 or ext4 partition if necessary, but you'd have to code that functionality into the Wii U OS and into cIOS yourself for it to be able to mount the hidden area, without needing a modified partition table.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Feb 27, 2021
  5. oleguer

Newcomer

Spain
    @The Real Jdbye some people in the forum (I think is fake) say do this success using the hpa protection, I only try to prove them..... And my question is the same.....
    ......anyone knows any app to enable HPA on usb hdd???
    Or anyone know any adapter to connect the usb hdd like internal sata hdd?? ((sata male to usb adapter?))

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Enable,