Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

kurapika777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • You updated your emuNAND to a version which is not supported by the Gateway (or clone) and want to go back to an old version. But you don't have a backup.
=> Update your 3DS NAND by using a game card, create a backup of the 3DS NAND, flash your 4.X NAND backup back to the 3DS and inject the updated NAND backup to the emuNAND SD.​
(ATTENTION: make sure you have a valid 4.X NAND backup and are able to flash it back with hardware!)​
how do you flash your 4.X NAND backup back to the 3DS ?

n1ghty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
can you make it so it can extract from SD Images that have been made also?
I will implement this in the next version. Good suggestion.

I click on "Extract EmuNAND" button, and I have this error right away
I'm sorry it does not work for you :(
The network device could be the issue, I will have a look at that problem in the next days.

I just tried to create an easy to use tool, usable for "noobs" without the possibility of accidentally writing to the wrong device and thus damaging it.
In the next version, there will be more options and informations.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your tool.

I don't like "auto-detect", as I never know what it's checking on all my drives to find the correct device.
I tested it anyway, but it's not working.

Yes, please allow us to manually select the drive by default. Writing to the wrong drive is very risky...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can do like Win32DiskImager : limit the letters to the found/compatible device.
in DiskImager, I have only one possible letter in the dropdown list (it doesn't list my network drive, always find the correct SD card's letter), but at least I can check it before hitting the write button. I feel reassured.

n1ghty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes, please allow us to manually select the drive by default. Writing to the wrong drive is very risky...

That's why I am checking the device for an emuNAND. Just wanted to make it safe. Writing to physical devices is dangerous and I want to prevent users from selecting the wrong one. If more than one emuNAND is detected, the tool asks to remove them.

I will make the auto detect optional and show a list of devices. But I will still check if there is a emuNAND on it. There will also be more informations in the next versions.

You do realize that the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition is just another clone like the 3DS Link, right?
The R4i is a clone of the gateway, but uses a modified gateway launcher. The 3DS Link is a 1:1 clone of the R4i and uses the R4i launcher.

Reactions: Cyan

peterpan19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to extract a 6.3 firmware from a nintendo 3 DS nand backup created with the gateay 2.01b software and place it on another backed up nand and restore it after that on the 3DS? I missed to update the 6.3 nintendo firmware, now i can only go on to 7 firmware but with this firmware the gateway isn't running very stable and the region lock is in :mellow:

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to extract a 6.3 firmware from a nintendo 3 DS nand backup created with the gateay 2.01b software and place it on another backed up nand and restore it after that on the 3DS? I missed to update the 6.3 nintendo firmware, now i can only go on to 7 firmware but with this firmware the gateway isn't running very stable and the region lock is in :mellow:
No, the Firmware stored on the NAND (or EmuNAND) is specific to the console.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be cool if someone found out how to edit the codes for NAND's so that we could share the NAND.bins.

peterpan19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx, but i mean only the update file, not the full nand. In a german forum someone reportet, that he has been promted from time to time to update the system. A time bevor he has been online with his 3DS and so he loaded the firmware in the background. He started the Gateway mode and has been prompted to update once again, so he did and voila, the firmware has gone to GW6.3.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really need to solder in those wires and have some fun with this. More and more reasons to have the hardware mod. Plus looks like a cinch compared to some of the RGH chips for the 360.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it and it worked just fine. I extracted my 6.3 emunand and injected my 4.5 nand dump into emunand and it worked just fine. gonna undo it again, ofc, was just testing, whether it works or not :)
Did the same test including injecting 6.3 emuNAND back. Everything worked perfectly. Great tool. Many thanks :)

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this actually helped me a lot. What happened was I had switched over to a micro sd card that was larger and used an adapter (went from a 4 gig to a 16 gig). Well after I did that, everything was loading slowly like the Mii plaza etc. I wanted to go back to the 4 gig but I thought it would be a hassle with having to make an an image file and worry about the smaller sd card size. All I did was pull the nand.bin from the larger sd card and I still had the old emunand on my smaller sd so I just wrote it onto that and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1