Hacking Emunand problem

talong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My sysnand is on 5.1 and my emunand is on 6.2. My SX OS is on v2.5.3. When I try to boot my cfw emunand, it says error code 2002-4315. Then I tried to boot my cfw sysnand, it works fine. So I guess my emunand files got corrupted. I thought of one option and that is to delete my present emunand then create a new one. I want to back up all my saves using checkpoint but since I can’t enter my cfw emunand, I have no way to back it up. It will get deleted if I delete my cfw emunand. Is there any other way to fix/approach this? Thank you

Attachments

• 8947D87B-1ABD-4DF7-87D2-BB7C0E02B8B5.jpeg
    8947D87B-1ABD-4DF7-87D2-BB7C0E02B8B5.jpeg
    574.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 295BC7EC-AD05-448C-955B-AAF660898399.jpeg
    295BC7EC-AD05-448C-955B-AAF660898399.jpeg
    964.7 KB · Views: 404

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That error code specifically states that the save data is corrupted so even if you were able to retrieve the save data, it would be no good as the data itself is no good. Make another EmuNAND partition and if you want, hack/edit the save data to save yourself some time or borrow someone else's save data.

Reactions: talong

talong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Already abandoned this problem. Created a new emunand then started all over all of my games. All the saves got deleted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That error code specifically states that the save data is corrupted so even if you were able to retrieve the save data, it would be no good as the data itself is no good. Make another EmuNAND partition and if you want, hack/edit the save data to save yourself some time or borrow someone else's save data.
May I ask how to use someone else’s save data?

ttierno2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the save data and inject with a save manager such as Checkpoint, EdiZon, etc.

Do these tools allow me to backup a save from an Emunand if I can’t boot into it after my 7.0.1 firmware update broke it?

I’m fine to rebuild it, if I can get my saves back...

Last edited by ttierno2,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these tools allow me to backup a save from an Emunand if I can’t boot into it after my 7.0.1 update to it?

I’m fine to rebuild it, if I can get my saved back...
These are homebrew applications meaning they need to be run in CFW meaning if you can't boot CFW, you can't retrieve the saves.

Reactions: ttierno2

ttierno2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are homebrew applications meaning they need to be run in CFW meaning if you can't boot CFW, you can't retrieve the saves.

So, I actually can still boot into CFW. My CFW boot puts me into 5.1.0 and my Emunand which is no longer booting was recently upgraded to 7.0.1.

I guess I’m asking, can either of those homebrews find and target the currently defunct Emunand ‘partition’ on the SD card and backup saves from there?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I actually can still boot into CFW. My CFW boot puts me into 5.1.0 and my Emunand which is no longer booting was recently upgraded to 7.0.1.

I guess I’m asking, can either of those homebrews find and target the currently defunct Emunand ‘partition’ on the SD card and backup saves from there?
No, you have to boot into EmuNAND to run these homebrew applications to dump your save data. The purpose of EmuNAND is to be a completely separate entity from SysNAND.

Reactions: ttierno2

ttierno2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you have to boot into EmuNAND to run these homebrew applications to dump your save data. The purpose of EmuNAND is to be a completely separate entity from SysNAND.

Well, that’ll teach me not to backup my saves before I update my Emunand using a beta. Ugh. Thanks the understandably disappointing information. :cry:

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?