Hacking Emummc size on SD card

Zic_one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Today i successfully install emummc on my switch. I created two partitions one exfat and one fat32. When I create emummc using Hekate, I was not able to choose the partition that I want to use for emummc. I wanted to create it on the fat32 one and use my other partition to store game and homebrew stuff. Well everything works fine but when I put my sd on my computer, I can't find where Hekate create the emummc, booth partition doesn't show any use space (it suppose to take about 32Gb). I'm not sure how it work, does atmosphere keep this free space to emulate MMC on every boot? Or the space used are hidden in windows? And can I be sure that Hekate create it on my fat32 partition? Thanks!

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
same as installing to nand, its a seperate partition on the sd but when in emunand if u click install to nand it will install in that partition

Zic_one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know but my question is, is emummc is supposed to take space on my microSD? Because after a successful installation, when I put my card in my pc, my fat32 partition is empty and my exfat have only a few Mbps of used space of usual kosmos files.

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but my question is, is emummc is supposed to take space on my microSD? Because after a successful installation, when I put my card in my pc, my fat32 partition is empty and my exfat have only a few Mbps of used space of usual kosmos files.

It sounds like you're not actually using emuemmc. If you can see files in both partitions, you are still running from emmc. In order to create emuemmc, the partition you want to use has to be raw (not formatted). After the emuemmc is created, you will not be able to read the filesystem on that partition from your computer. It will still show up as raw/unformatted.

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like you're not actually using emuemmc. If you can see files in both partitions, you are still running from emmc. In order to create emuemmc, the partition you want to use has to be raw (not formatted). After the emuemmc is created, you will not be able to read the filesystem on that partition from your computer. It will still show up as raw/unformatted.
will show up as formatted but you wont be able to see whats in it

Zic_one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that I run on emummc because I can boot in stock firmware 6.0 and in emummc on firmware 8.1. As Slim45 said, it show up as formatted but I'm not able see any file or the space it use... So look like it's normal! Just for my personal knowledge, anyone know why windows can't see anything? Thanks again.

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I run on emummc because I can boot in stock firmware 6.0 and in emummc on firmware 8.1. As Slim45 said, it show up as formatted but I'm not able see any file or the space it use... So look like it's normal! Just for my personal knowledge, anyone know why windows can't see anything? Thanks again.

The eMMC is not using a standard file system, so Windows can't read it. You will have to transfer things into emuemmc using FTP or USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?