Beetlebum89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having used CFW in the past and switching back to OFW after restoring a clean nand backup, with no issues, i thought i would wait until there was a free emunand/emummc solution before i jumped back in.

I just have a couple of questions before I get started:

I’ve purchased a 128gb sd for use with emummc, but im reading in most places that both partitions need to be formatted to fat32, rather than exfat. I understand this for the hidden emummc partition, but wont formatting the visible partition to fat32 limit the individual file size contained on there to 4gb? - which would obviously cause problems when transferring over larger files. Can you even have two partitions formatted differently?

And also, is there any benefit to me creating the emummc bin from my old nand backup (possibly Fw version 6.? As against the 8.1.0 im using now?)

Thanks in advance!

techx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Having used CFW in the past and switching back to OFW after restoring a clean nand backup, with no issues, i thought i would wait until there was a free emunand/emummc solution before i jumped back in.

I just have a couple of questions before I get started:

I’ve purchased a 128gb sd for use with emummc, but im reading in most places that both partitions need to be formatted to fat32, rather than exfat. I understand this for the hidden emummc partition, but wont formatting the visible partition to fat32 limit the individual file size contained on there to 4gb? - which would obviously cause problems when transferring over larger files. Can you even have two partitions formatted differently?

And also, is there any benefit to me creating the emummc bin from my old nand backup (possibly Fw version 6.? As against the 8.1.0 im using now?)

Thanks in advance!
I formed in exfat and all good with the emunand, the only problem is that it loads a little more to start the games.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi

I’ve purchased a 128gb sd for use with emummc, but im reading in most places that both partitions need to be formatted to fat32, rather than exfat. I understand this for the hidden emummc partition

umm I haven't used atmos and it's emuNAND solution.. but by the very definition of a HIDDEN PARTITION, creating the emuNAND will format the SD card and allocate the space for the emuNAND, THEN create a visible partition for files to go into (at least that is how it works with SX OS if you select HIDDEN PARTITION).

Beetlebum89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you guys.

How about autoRCM? Last time i modded the switch this seemed to be a risky addition, as far as i could tell.

Right now im planning to have emummc running on the sd for all homebrew, then just power off and on to return to OFW to play online. I dont mind having to use a jig to get back to RCM mode if this is the safest method, but being able to autoRCM into hekate and pick between the two would be awesome.

Last edited by Beetlebum89,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1