Homebrew Emulators from USB

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to set a USB location for my ROMS on a USB drive that has 2 partitions, a WFBS and a NTFS. FCE Ultra GX only reads the NTFS, correct? It keeps stating "USB drive not found, Error opening /"

Any help guys?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the first partition WBFS? If so... that's the problem. Most homebrew only can read the first partition.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
Is the first partition WBFS? If so... that's the problem. Most homebrew only can read the first partition.

Nope. The second partition is WBFS. Can Homebrew read NTFS? Cause it reads my SD fine, and thats FAT32

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most homebrew has trouble with NTFS. It's always safer to use FAT32 for these applications. I have Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance, Sega Genesis emulators all installed on the SD card and all load roms from the SECOND USB hard drive partition formatted to FAT32. First partition should be no problem, but the file system probably is.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Most homebrew has trouble with NTFS. It's always safer to use FAT32 for these applications. I have Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance, Sega Genesis emulators all installed on the SD card and all load roms from the SECOND USB hard drive partition formatted to FAT32. First partition should be no problem, but the file system probably is.

I just tried a second FAT32 Partition and it didn't read it at all, but it read a different USB drive that just had a FAT32 on it.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not reading.. anyone got any tips for getting it to work? I've got three partitions on a WD external hard drive. First, NTFS. Second, FAT32. Third, WFBS. I can't get my emulators to read the USB drive.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
WBFS is a custom File Format only created for the purpose of USB Loaders, other homebrew applications have no clue about what this is (and there aren't any reasons they should)

NTFS is not supported by libogc applications neither official Wii software (maybe some gc-linux applications, I dunno)

Most homebrew (incl. emulators) are compiled with libogc and lifat. As the name indicates, it only supports FAT and FAT32 partitions, as the primary logical partition off course.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
WBFS is a custom File Format only created for the purpose of USB Loaders, other homebrew applications have no clue about what this is (and there aren't any reasons they should)

NTFS is not supported by libogc applications neither official Wii software (maybe some gc-linux applications, I dunno)

Most homebrew (incl. emulators) are compiled with libogc and lifat. As the name indicates, it only supports FAT and FAT32 partitions, as the primary logical partition off course.

Can I move my FAT32 partition to be primary? I'm not sure how.

AdmiralKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your best bet is to just re-format that NTFS drive into a FAT 32. What's the point of having an NTFS drive on a HD you're only using with your Wii, since nothing really uses it.

Format it to Fat32 and see if it reads it. If it does, then just combine your two Fat32 partitions together and you'll be gold!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: