Hacking Emulators for multiple systems on a single cart?

KOman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

So I just received a Supercard DSonei and have a question regarding how to get things set up. I am planning on putting emulators for several systems (NES, GB, SNES, megadrive). Do I need to create multiple .nds files before putting them on the SDcard? or is there an OS for the flash cart in which I can just drag and drop the roms into a file directory and put emulator plugins that will allow playing from the OS. I don't know if that is clear, but for anyone who has used GBA flash carts, I am talking about something along the lines of pogoshell which has a plugin that played .nes files...

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow th op must be a total newb if he cant figure out that you just run the emulator like a game, i mean: there is a reason that there is a nds file in the package

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
*inb4tonisnip*

Seriously, gameguy, this is starting to get really old. Don't think you're automatically so cool, and could never ever be a noob if you call every single person who asks a question a noob.

@OP, if you want to play the emulator games straight from the firmware your firmware will need some sort of plugin system. I know if you want to run the .nes files straight from moonshell you can use a plugin to run them straight from moonshell.

Other wise, just run the .nds file normally and then you boot the roms once you're in the emulator.

KOman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
@OP, if you want to play the emulator games straight from the firmware your firmware will need some sort of plugin system. I know if you want to run the .nes files straight from moonshell you can use a plugin to run them straight from moonshell.

Other wise, just run the .nds file normally and then you boot the roms once you're in the emulator.

Thanks for the replies; I think DeltaBurnt got what I was asking...I just wanted to know if there were actually plugins for moonshell for the various emulators so that I didn't need to create multiple .nds files for each system emulated.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KOman said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Thanks for the replies; I think DeltaBurnt got what I was asking...I just wanted to know if there were actually plugins for moonshell for the various emulators so that I didn't need to create multiple .nds files for each system emulated.

Yah, I know there's definetly one for NES but I'm not sure about SNES or others.

And you don't have to create the .nds files, they're already made for you.

As for what these plugins actually are called or where they are I have no idea. Try checking the NDS Homebrew section, and goto the Moonshell faq (it's stickied at the top).

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
KOman said:
DeltaBurnt said:

Yah, I know there's definetly one for NES but I'm not sure about SNES or others.

And you don't have to create the .nds files, they're already made for you.

As for what these plugins actually are called or where they are I have no idea. Try checking the NDS Homebrew section, and goto the Moonshell faq (it's stickied at the top).
you put the emulator in moonshell(2)\extlink and nam them like this:
(example with nes) nes.nesds.nds
for snes it would be snes.snesds.nds
for gba (just an example, gba does not runon slot 1 carts without a slot 2) gba.exploader.nds
basically, it is like this: 3 digit extension for the file it opens.emulator name.nds

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
gameguy95 said:
wow th op must be a total newb if he cant figure out that you just run the emulator like a game, i mean: there is a reason that there is a nds file in the package

Seriously, gameguy, this is starting to get really old. Don't think you're automatically so cool, and could never ever be a noob if you call every single person who asks a question a noob.

+1.

This stuff might be easy for you but it could be really confusing to some people that don't have the experience like you. Don't assume everyone is a ultra smart geek like you. I still have trouble understanding stuff about the Wii hacking crap, but I learn daily thanks too Delta!. I also had some trouble learning about emulators my first days, I didn't even what a emulator was...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife