Homebrew Question Emulation status for some games (question)

TheInsaneDarkOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there people from GBATemp, doing great?

You see, I have an original Switch here never before hacked or anything, but, with the crescent releases on the emulation scene for the console, I get the interest of knowing more for even possibly doing something on my console in the future just for playing some games

But, to see if it worths it a shot, would like to ask you guys directly the current status of some specific games I would like to play on the console, can you guys help me out? These are the ones:

1 - Perfect Dark (n64) - would like to know if it´s possible to run multiplayer on a good and playable framerate, with multiple GC controllers via adapter
2 - Shenmue (DC) - would like to know if it´s already playable for the entire campaign
3 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) - again, would like to know if it´s already playable and able to do versus with two GC controllers

Sorry for taking your time, it´s just that I´m not that wise on the switch emulation scene and would like to know things better before risking a step into that direction, since these are the only few games I miss in my library (my DC burned out with time and my 64 have energy issues)

Thanks again for the attention! ^^

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only answer 3 since I have not beaten Shenmue completely on Switch (although it works) Huge Graphical errors make MvC2 unplayable. It might be playable in Lakka though.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey there people from GBATemp, doing great?

You see, I have an original Switch here never before hacked or anything, but, with the crescent releases on the emulation scene for the console, I get the interest of knowing more for even possibly doing something on my console in the future just for playing some games

But, to see if it worths it a shot, would like to ask you guys directly the current status of some specific games I would like to play on the console, can you guys help me out? These are the ones:

1 - Perfect Dark (n64) - would like to know if it´s possible to run multiplayer on a good and playable framerate, with multiple GC controllers via adapter
2 - Shenmue (DC) - would like to know if it´s already playable for the entire campaign
3 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) - again, would like to know if it´s already playable and able to do versus with two GC controllers

Sorry for taking your time, it´s just that I´m not that wise on the switch emulation scene and would like to know things better before risking a step into that direction, since these are the only few games I miss in my library (my DC burned out with time and my 64 have energy issues)

Thanks again for the attention! ^^
Quite a lot of games run full speed in Reicast HOS (native switch OS), but its developement hasn't been updated since first announcement and release several months ago. And your particular games are not quite playeable in HOS. Shenmue has texture artifacs and slowdowns, MvC2 has sprite texture issues (all characters are a pixelated mass, but it runs well tho). But they both run perfectly fine in Lakka... So for Dreamcast emulation Lakka is the way to go for now. Haven't played perfect dark, but n64 emulation is in a pretty good shape rn in both lakka and HOS, so i would assume it's very playable.

TheInsaneDarkOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quite a lot of games run full speed in Reicast HOS (native switch OS), but its developement hasn't been updated since first announcement and release several months ago. And your particular games are not quite playeable in HOS. Shenmue has texture artifacs and slowdowns, MvC2 has sprite texture issues (all characters are a pixelated mass, but it runs well tho). But they both run perfectly fine in Lakka... So for Dreamcast emulation Lakka is the way to go for now. Haven't played perfect dark, but n64 emulation is in a pretty good shape rn in both lakka and HOS, so i would assume it's very playable.

Many thanks for the info, will definetely try to research more on the Lakka side of things ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol