Emulation & audtiting help in Windows 7 64 bit please

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Seicomart, May 8, 2010.

1. Seicomart

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    OK, so I haven't really been in touch with the emulation scene since 2002, when we moved to Japan, and as we had 5 neighbourhood arcades, plus a huge one downtown I didn't really bother with gaming at home..

Now we have been back in the UK for a while, and the wife asked me why I haven't been playing any of those "old games" on the PC any more, and when she could get a fix of some old school games herself (she's into realllly old shooters and gun games).

So I have about 300 or so dvds of roms/retro isos lying around and...

A - have no idea what people use for auditing these days - is it still Cowerings tools, RomCentre or Clrmame pro?

B - What are considered the best emulators out there that run on win7 64? (suggestions for those incompatible with it are OK still as I still have 4 decks running XP here, but want to use this 64bit machine as much as possible).

Am interested in emulating pretty much everything I grew up with, arcades, computers and consoles from Pong up until Nintendo 64 really.

Any advice would be really appreciated, been googling but the sheer number of nintendo 64 emulator responses is getting a bit tiring after a couple of hours..

Thanks for reading!