Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

Can anyone make a backup of a removed emmc chip?

Unfortunately I don't know how to do this and all I can find is a very specific adapter under Linux to backup all partitions.

I would like to save my switch data, but the chip inside the switch does not work.

I am hoping that someone here can help me and maybe read out the chip with boot0, boot1 and rawnand backup.

If someone knows a method how I can build an adapter for reading out with simple soldering work, that would also be a solution I can live with.

I am hoping to restore my switch with a new emmc, it is already installed and Hekate is already working.

I would be really grateful if you could help me.

Thanks for everyone

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm I don't like that cal0 isn't working. Have you used Tinfoil incognito or Incognito Rcm on it?
Perhaps I should mention that I made the keys with the empty EMMC. I have not yet been able to read out the old Emmc. I still need an adapter or something to read it :)

I used this Lockpick RCM payload, not sure what you mean exactly.
Post automatically merged:

I bet the prod.key is dump from the new/empty emmc, wihtout restoring prodinfo partition back
correct :D

Reactions: impeeza

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The thing is, if you want to decrypt your previous MMC, you have to have the KEYS for it. Else it's encrypted.
So the hardware must match. eMMC is married with the APU. It's the two only things you just can't swap without tricks.

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The thing is, if you want to decrypt your previous MMC, you have to have the KEYS for it. Else it's encrypted.
So the hardware must match. eMMC is married with the APU. It's the two only things you just can't swap without tricks.
I know, thanks. I only need the Backup file and then i will restore it to my new blank emmc, so i have my old switch with a new emmc. that was what i think :D

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
?????

I honestly lost what exactly you're doing now.

What I try to tell you

1) You need to use your Switch with your OLD eMMC to dump the keys correctly
2) You can then dump your OLD eMMC with Hekate
3) After that is done, you can switch the blank eMMC and restore your OLD EMMC backup to it.
4) Tada..

Or are you trying to make a rawdump of your OLD eMMC and DD it over to a new eMMC? Might be possible, should be possible.
But if your OLD eMMC doesn't even reader, I'm not even sure how you should get any data out from it. Maybe its just something wrong with the eMMC itself, maybe it's just a short on it?

Guide: https://www.retrosix.wiki/rcm-replace-emmc-nintendo-switch

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
?????

I honestly lost what exactly you're doing now.

What I try to tell you

1) You need to use your Switch with your OLD eMMC to dump the keys correctly
2) You can then dump your OLD eMMC with Hekate
3) After that is done, you can switch the blank eMMC and restore your OLD EMMC backup to it.
4) Tada..

Or are you trying to make a rawdump of your OLD eMMC and DD it over to a new eMMC? Might be possible, should be possible.
But if your OLD eMMC doesn't even reader, I'm not even sure how you should get any data out from it. Maybe its just something wrong with the eMMC itself, maybe it's just a short on it?

Guide: https://www.retrosix.wiki/rcm-replace-emmc-nintendo-switch
Perhaps to explain my situation.
My switch suddenly stopped working, then I tried to read out the emmc with a Picofly mod and hekate. Unfortunately this did not work, I always had an error (picofly *=* error code).
I then soldered in a new, empty emmc and was then able to start hekate.
My hope now is that I can back up the old emmc via pc and adapter in order to record the new emmc with the data from my old one.
Or should I solder the old one back into the switch and then backup it, but would that even work if the switch doesn't start with the old emmc?

Should I lose my savegames or something, that wouldn't be a problem. It's just important to me that I can use my Switch in exactly the same way as before.

I hope I could bring some clarity and sorry that I have caused such confusion.
PS: I have an OLED Switch, if that's important. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You need these keys the most. They're the unique once.
Withouth the BISKeys, you won't even be able to decrypt your saves. Since you got Hekate working, it possible you might have gotten that data out.

1721771697275.png

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know, thanks. I only need the Backup file and then i will restore it to my new blank emmc, so i have my old switch with a new emmc. that was what i think :D
Exactly we ended (once again) on a X - Y Problem.

What you needed was recreate your NAND on a new blank eMMC Chip, the old one is desoldered from the Board.

So you need a full backup of the (now separated) old eMMC chip. then restore the backup on the new eMM chip.

in order to do that. the easy way is to use an adapter and read all partitions on linux. then use the generated files to restore on the new chip using Hekate´s NYX.

also you can use Windows to read the NAND backup but you need to recreate BOOT0 and BOOT1 partitions and that is no easy.

you have a tutorial to do that on the @binkinator tutorial about replacing the memory chip here on tutorial section. you can find it using the search bar at top of page:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-oled-256gb-nand-upgrade.608377

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: