Hardware Elite controller stick drift

Devon093

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is actually the second time on an elite controller i experienced stick drift, and the first time i attempted repairs. Swapped the thumbstick with two brand new parts and each one drifted in one direction or the other. The way I solved it the first time? I bought a new controller. This time around i would love to repair the issue. It is the right thumstick and it drifted upwards. I removed the stick and resoldered a new one, but this one is drifting as well, only to the right, and much less severe. I have one more "new" stick i can use but i have a feeling i wont have luck. My questions is what is going on? Is the stick actually not bad and i need to be replacing a resistor? OR is there a way to reset the potentiometer? Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried not moving the joysticks when you turn on the xbox?
i thought my joysticks on my wii classic controller were broken for months, but it turned it it was just that i wiggled the joysticks when i waited for the wii to load up.

c-stick_warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried not moving the joysticks when you turn on the xbox?
i thought my joysticks on my wii classic controller were broken for months, but it turned it it was just that i wiggled the joysticks when i waited for the wii to load up.

For some reason this happens to me with the Wii U Pro Controller when I start up Smash Bros.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there