Elite controller stick drift

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Devon093, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Devon093
    OP

Devon093 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    So this is actually the second time on an elite controller i experienced stick drift, and the first time i attempted repairs. Swapped the thumbstick with two brand new parts and each one drifted in one direction or the other. The way I solved it the first time? I bought a new controller. This time around i would love to repair the issue. It is the right thumstick and it drifted upwards. I removed the stick and resoldered a new one, but this one is drifting as well, only to the right, and much less severe. I have one more "new" stick i can use but i have a feeling i wont have luck. My questions is what is going on? Is the stick actually not bad and i need to be replacing a resistor? OR is there a way to reset the potentiometer? Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

2. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    have you tried not moving the joysticks when you turn on the xbox?
    i thought my joysticks on my wii classic controller were broken for months, but it turned it it was just that i wiggled the joysticks when i waited for the wii to load up.

3. c-stick_warrior

c-stick_warrior Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    An apartment in Pennsylvania
    For some reason this happens to me with the Wii U Pro Controller when I start up Smash Bros.