Homebrew EDuke32 Wiiflow Plugin

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
eduke32banner.jpg

Here is the updated EDuke32 plugin for Wiiflow, now based on version r4103 by @Hendricks266.
I didn't make any change to the code, just repacked it to be "Wiiflow friendly" and configured it with soundfonts, better controls, and support for the 3 official Add-ons.

SUPPORTED GAMES
Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach
Duke it out in D.C.
Duke Nuclear Winter

FEATURES
  • 4 eduke32 plugins
  • preinstalled freepats soundfont for sound
  • custom mappings for Classic Controller
  • 4 full 3D covers for Wiiflow
  • an icon for the Source Menu
  • Custom Banners for Wiiflow lite

SCREENSHOTS
SOURCE BUTTON.png COVERFLOW.png DOS GAMES.png
from left to right: source menu button; EDuke32 coverflow; together with DOsbox and ScummVM

CONTROLS
controls.png

DOWNLOADS
All-in-one package

Duke Nukem 3D plugin
(main game, required)
+ Duke it out in D.C. plugin (add-on)
+ Duke Caribbean Vacation plugin (add-on)
+ Duke Nuclear Winter plugin (add-on)

BANNERS
You need Wiiflow Lite for these. Choose the one based on your TV screen.
4:3 Banners
16:9 Banners

CREDITS
Tueidj, Hendricks266, EDuke32 Team, Fledge68, Wiiflow Team

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had to reupload the pack because I noticed that I made some stupid errors with folder names (plugins dir was missing the final 's') and in control mappings double tapping the R trigger while shooting was using inventory items. Now it's all fixed

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cool. Thanks! !
Don't know if this floats your boat but there's a wii quake that used ID's support for multiple monitors to enable using the wiimote to point and shoot like a contemporary wii FPS, like call of duty. Using the nunchuck analog stick for lateral movement.
It is a brilliant interface for first person shooter, a new technology almost re imagining old familiar content.
The dev was active on tehkseen, when that ended he stopped working on it. Before home brew via usb became a possibility. So its sd only. The source is still up on wii brew. It struck me that his methodology will probably work with later ID First person shooters, maybe thats the way its been done since and it will work with all fps. Loads of which have well developed, open source, wii emulators.
I'm suggesting that a wiiflow FPS plugin could be doable using existing code -and using the wiimote to point and shoot will make killer home brew. Add that there's masses of content for these games, curated and tested by the scene for decades, and that wiiflow is designed to browse and select content.
Mods that are more demanding of later, higher spec pcs may still fall well within the capabilities of the wii, such that the wii versions could be more sophisticated and prettier than the originals.
If someone could be arsed they'd be onto a scorcher, and I'd help test.

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

Okko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To whom may be interested, I've found a way how to have a single Eduke32 wiiflow plugin for all Duke Nukem 3D games, instead of having four (one for the main game, and one per addon). The following trick also allows you to put the games data files wherever you want on the device.

Here it is. I've used the -j option available in the Eduke32's command line options, in order to add the directory where my games data files are, to the Eduke32's search list (see https://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Command_line_options for more details). In that way, I was able to put all my games data files in the same ROMS/duke directory on my device, and to have a single Eduke32 wiiflow plugin.

Finally, here is what my Eduke32 wiiflow plugin looks like:

[PLUGIN]
magic=44554B45
dolfile=apps/eduke32/boot.elf
arguments=-j{device}:/{path}|{name}
romdir=ROMS/duke
rompartition=-1
filetypes=.grp
displayname=Duke Nukem 3D
bannersound=duke.ogg
coverfolder=dos
covercolor=000000
consolecoverid=

Last edited by Okko,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To whom may be interested, I've found a way how to have a single Eduke32 wiiflow plugin for all Duke Nukem 3D games, instead of having four (one for the main game, and one per addon). The following trick also allows you to put the games data files wherever you want on the device.

Here it is. I've used the -j option available in the Eduke32's command line options, in order to add the directory where my games data files are, to the Eduke32's search list (see https://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Command_line_options for more details). In that way, I was able to put all my games data files in the same ROMS/duke directory on my device, and to have a single Eduke32 wiiflow plugin.

Finally, here is what my Eduke32 wiiflow plugin looks like:

[PLUGIN]
magic=44554B45
dolfile=apps/eduke32/boot.elf
arguments=-j{device}:/{path}|{name}
romdir=ROMS/duke
rompartition=-1
filetypes=.grp
displayname=Duke Nukem 3D
bannersound=duke.ogg
coverfolder=dos
covercolor=000000
consolecoverid=
Thank you my friend, what a great find! I wasn't aware of this option. It's much better this way

Reactions: Okko

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima : Vacation (Caribbean) link is dead, possible to reupload ?
I tried to modify an xml file with -vacation.grp as argument but it does not work. Thanks
Thank you for reporting this. I don't know what happened, Caribbean Vacation was really missing but as soon as I reuploaded the file, it reappeared so there were two of them.
Mediafire mysteries aside, now it's fixed. It's time to Limbo!

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y