ROM Hack Editing title's "control.nacp"

Gigglebuns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was setting up SysDVR to record some games, but found out that the game I want to record, by default cannot be recorded through the Switch's own recording method, which is required for SysDVR to work properly. I came across a thread of someone asking how to bypass the inability to screen record some games, and one of the replies stated that they could go into the title's control.nacp file and edit the VideoCaptureMode flag. I would've replied to that post itself, but it is old and I don't have the utmost faith in getting a reply back. However, I was wondering if someone could explain how I would go about editing that flag in the control.nacp

Thank you

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was setting up SysDVR to record some games, but found out that the game I want to record, by default cannot be recorded through the Switch's own recording method, which is required for SysDVR to work properly. I came across a thread of someone asking how to bypass the inability to screen record some games, and one of the replies stated that they could go into the title's control.nacp file and edit the VideoCaptureMode flag. I would've replied to that post itself, but it is old and I don't have the utmost faith in getting a reply back. However, I was wondering if someone could explain how I would go about editing that flag in the control.nacp

Thank you
No, just setting flag is not enough. Game needs to create buffer for video recording and pass it using SDK, etc. This process requires code injection.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1