Editing text in channel screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scrotty, Jan 14, 2010.

Jan 14, 2010
  1. scrotty
    OP

Newcomer scrotty Member

Australia
    I have a few of the SingIt Star custom discs that I want to create channels for. I can do this easy enough (I use Crap to do this) but the problem is that every disc has been built based on the Disney Sing It disc so every one of the channels has the the same graphics and text which makes it impossible to know which game you are loading. I'm not too bothered about changing the graphics but I really need to be able to alter the text that pops up when I hover my pointer over the each channel. I have seen info on changing the sound within a channel but nothing on altering this text string.

Is anybody able to give me a clue as to what I need to do in order to make this change?

2. scrotty
    OP

Newcomer scrotty Member

Australia
    Seems like WADder will do what I'm after but it keeps crashing on my x64 system so I can't confirm this [​IMG]

3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Maybe CustomizeMii?

4. scrotty
    OP

Newcomer scrotty Member

Australia
    CustomizeMii is indeed capable of doing the job - I have just recompiled my channel WADs and the text is now good. I was even able to edit the images and remove the Disney text off so it is more generic. The only slight issue I have is that when CustomizeMii repacks the WAD, it tells me that a load of the tpl files which are used in the banner animation aren't needed. I ignored this and built the WADs anyway but now when I select the channel, it's no longer animated because presumably something in CustomizeMii has made a change. Not a big deal but it would be nice if I could get the animations to work properly again.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    when it says they are no longer needed, tell customize mii to include them anyways

6. scrotty
    OP

Newcomer scrotty Member

Australia
    I did - like I said in my post, I ignored the option to remove them but it seems that the banner won't use them even though I left everything intact.