1. vmp17

OP vmp17 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello,

I was trying to setup emuMMC on a Switch yesterday and somehow skipped the step for creating the emuMMC, thus I ended up booting Atmosphere on the system NAND before doing the NAND backup. To summarize what I did since I bought the console:

- I factory reset the console and transferred an account to it, which implies going online, then removed all networks from the internet settings
    - I did the steps for partitioning the SD card but forgot to create the emuMMC from Hekate
    - I booted Atmosphere, thinking it's on emuMMC and edited few settings (console name, and update preferences I think)
    - I did a NAND backup
    - I booted on sysNAND and realized that the changes I did using Atmosphere were applied (I did not go online at this stage)
    - I restored the NAND backup, then setup emuMMC properly

So basically, my NAND backup did include the settings changes I did while booting from Atmosphere and I would like to know if that is safe or not. I am not familiar with how the console logs work and would like to know if what I did before the NAND backup could have had any impact on the logs that could be detected next time I go online.

Thank you!

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    You mean you did nothing but changing some settings in the stock settings menu?
    No homebrews?
    Then you should be fine.

vmp17 likes this.
  3. vmp17

OP vmp17 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Yes, I'm pretty sure all I did was edit the stock settings. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    should be ok I mean u never know but as long as you didn't install an nsp and since you only did system settings i wouldn't worry too much.

vmp17 likes this.
  5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    As @pcwizard7 said, you can't be a 100 % sure but people did worse things than you and didn't get banned.
    If you installed anything you are screwed though. ;)

vmp17 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - settings, Editing, emuNAND