Editing make file for use with other libraries.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Magicrafter13, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Magicrafter13
    OP

Magicrafter13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    How do I do it. ("It" referring to the title).
    I'm trying to implement the boost c++ libraries.
    I'm also using citro3d but since it came with the instructions of 'make install' and I noticed it put a file in the devkitpro folder (which is already set up to be used by the makefile). Thing is I didn't make the 'makefile' so I don't know how it works, it's just the basic makefile 3ds homebrew template I found in one of the examples.
    So basically how do I add other directories. Here are the lines I'm assuming need to be edited:
    Code:
    include $(DEVKITARM)/3ds_rules
    INCLUDES := include
    LIBDIRS := $(CTRULIB)

but I have no idea how to edit them to also have the other directories I need.

EDIT:
    Sorry for the double post, don't know how that happened.

Last edited by Magicrafter13, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Magicrafter13
    OP

Magicrafter13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Okay well, even without the help of gbatemp I did figure it out.
    But the boost libraries aren't exactly working the greatest.
    Make gets past the .elf linking step but then stops with these errors:

Code:
    Breakout.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
    c:/local/boost_1_64_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:222: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
    c:/local/boost_1_64_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:223: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
    c:/local/boost_1_64_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:224: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

So once I again, I'm here asking: What do I do? I googled it, but my search turned up nothing.