EDIT: Now a general Rocket League thread

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been too busy to play since I've gotten back from LA but you can definitely play with randoms at your level. Once you get up in ranks, though...not so much.
That implies i can actually get up in rank with randoms or by myself. I rather not play with fools holding me back.... or actually anything related to rank period. I'm not that competitive of a player. I'm more of a "for fun" player

I guess when someone on this thread has enough people they can invite me. There really should be a steam group for this since you can't invite without being on friends list. Seem worst than nintendo network.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.rocketleague.com/news/changes-competitive-season-5/

No soft reset for season 5 :).

Rewards are changing. No longer will just touching a rank be sufficient for the reward. You have to win 20 games at that tier. Not in a row, but 20 games. So for whatever level reward, you have to win 20 games in that tier or above. The counter won't decrease, but will definitely make it harder if you are borderline between rank tiers to get the higher reward.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Awww! I suppose that's good for the people that are really high up...but still. I do like the new win-20 thing, though. Guess I can't bank on getting above gold at the start of next season, though! Now I'm just motivated to play more D:

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awww! I suppose that's good for the people that are really high up...but still. I do like the new win-20 thing, though. Guess I can't bank on getting above gold at the start of next season, though! Now I'm just motivated to play more D:

I think the no reset is good for everyone really. Everytime Psyonix do it, there is nothing but complaints that the mm is shit and takes a month or so to settle. No reset also screws over people who were boosted. Without the reset, they are stuck in a rank they don't belong in, can't rely on the 10 placement games and losing a few of them to drag their rank down. Will be stuck in a rank, that is possible multiple ranks higher than they can play, so will have a miserable time with the game as they lose over and over and derank :).

Win thing should hopefully cut down on boosting/smurfing as well. Having to win 20 games is at minimum another 100min of the boosters time, assuming 100% win rate. Won't cut it out completely, but will probably lower it a decent amount.

Would be better if Psyonix would just stop messing around and implement the rank difference limit they were going to and actually banned the people smurfing/boosting (the people 100% doing it, admitting it etc).

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New season and new patch, played for a bit (and by bit, I mean hours :rofl:)

Patch is meh.

The good:

Champions field.
Coloured goal explosions.
Boost trails, while not great, do look better than the default.

The bad:

Vibration is broken on pc.
New matchmaking menu is awful. No one asked psyonix to change it.
Sound balance is off, some things are too quiet and others too loud (not the first time Psyonix have done this).
Demos still aren't fixed.
Unranked is fucked, bots don't join at the start. So game just doesn't start if there isn't a full game.

"Fixed a bug with Car Bumps and Demolishes that could cause them to be ignored at wider collision angles
Fixed an issue where Supersonic FX would stay active despite the car falling below the minimum speed to Demolish opponents"

Does this looked fixed? https://gfycat.com/IdealGoldenAmericanlobster. Supersonic, head on, doesn't even move. May as well have driven into a brick wall.

Key money is clearly being well spent.

Also some random stuff from psyonix.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-birthday-double-drop-rates/

Double drop rates and double chance for painted items + some stats.

Best version of the game is only 27% of the playerbase :(. Octane as most used base car is not suprising, zsr from crates is. Hardly see them.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
DOUBLE DROP RATES?!?

I thought the sound issues were just my headphones going bad. That sucks that it's for everyone. I hate the new menu with every fibre of my being. Something seems changed with the camera, or maybe graphically. It bothers me. I do love the goal explosions, but I do with I could revert back to the older version...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DOUBLE DROP RATES?!?

I thought the sound issues were just my headphones going bad. That sucks that it's for everyone. I hate the new menu with every fibre of my being. Something seems changed with the camera, or maybe graphically. It bothers me. I do love the goal explosions, but I do with I could revert back to the older version...

Double drop rates have been great. Crates just seem to be raining down on me. In 3 hours I got 4 crates, compared to normal where it seems like I get a crate roughly once every 2 hours or so. Not all of them have been the new ones, but enough have dropped to make a decent amount of keys. Made 5 ( or maybe 4, lost track really) just from crates. Opened one as well, but only got crappy wheels, sold them for the key I used though. Friend got one of the new cars worth 6-7 keys, which is annoying, done the same thing with the endo. They get all the luck.

Can't say I've noticed anything with the camera. No mention of any changes. Wasteland day did look a little brighter though, wouldn't be shocked if something has changed/broken, seems to be very little qc on the patches for this game.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Double drop rates have been great. Crates just seem to be raining down on me. In 3 hours I got 4 crates, compared to normal where it seems like I get a crate roughly once every 2 hours or so. Not all of them have been the new ones, but enough have dropped to make a decent amount of keys. Made 5 ( or maybe 4, lost track really) just from crates. Opened one as well, but only got crappy wheels, sold them for the key I used though. Friend got one of the new cars worth 6-7 keys, which is annoying, done the same thing with the endo. They get all the luck.

Can't say I've noticed anything with the camera. No mention of any changes. Wasteland day did look a little brighter though, wouldn't be shocked if something has changed/broken, seems to be very little qc on the patches for this game.
I've gotten 2 crates in 5-6 hours :(
I still have a painted black endo that I want to sell but I'm sentimental because it was my first crate open. Brb playing more lol.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've gotten 2 crates in 5-6 hours :(
I still have a painted black endo that I want to sell but I'm sentimental because it was my first crate open. Brb playing more lol.

:(. The drop rate is random, but it's really strange how some people seem to get them so infrequently. I got 4 more crates today (2 overdrive, 2 pcc) :ha:, got 2 more keys from the od crates. Friend who was also playing for much the same time, only got 2 crates though :huh:. I don't think I would bother to sell the endo unless you really want keys. Black is only worth 3-4 keys last I checked.

Low vibration since this patch is annoying me now, just feels so odd. Devs confirmed intensity was lowered in order to reduce strain on motors. Just so odd, literally never heard anyone complain my motors are dead because of rocket league.

Gathered enough wins for bronze and silver reward now. It's really strange to see reward level lower than your actual rank, but not much can be done I guess, has to be this way to at least have some effect on smurfs/boosters.

Think the new system may have killed my chance for champion reward. Getting out of diamond 2 currently seems an insurmountable task :cry:. Will need a miracle to escape diamond and win 12 :(.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game but so far I only played with CPU and @Chary as a partner, I really don't want to play rank, I am new but I don't like losing like others. especially when everyone online can know about it. (Kinda why I avoid ranked anything) :ninja:

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I have this game but so far I only played with CPU and @Chary as a partner, I really don't want to play rank, I am new but I don't like losing like others. especially when everyone online can know about it. (Kinda why I avoid ranked anything) :ninja:
Can always play rumble or unranked with people here/randoms, until you're at a level to play with pro ranks? (Which sounds like a high level but isn't.)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can always play rumble or unranked with people here/randoms, until you're at a level to play with pro ranks? (Which sounds like a high level but isn't.)
You have a example of high level Rocket league? :P
If is anything like the esports games like Counter strike, overwatch, League of legends, starcraft or maybe even street fighter or super smash bros, i would expect so much perfection or even tons of button presses for no reasons. (Trust me, they look like keyboard warrior maniacs) :ninja:

I played practice for one hour trying to control the cars upside down only using rocket boost to score points. My goal eventually is to do a crazy shot like that mid game or maybe play a mode with people who only can play with that rule. "Unlimited boost, but you have to be flipped over and never use accelerate" :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.