Hacking Edit banner hover/roll over title?

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the usb loader has been released I have been throwing together custom channels for each game. I want to change the title that pops up when you roll over the channel. I know this is possible for vc games and homebrew wads but I'm not sure about official games.
One example is that I would like to change "SUPER MARIO GALAXY" to "Super Mario Galaxy".

I looked in the opening.bnr (00000000.app) with a hex editor and found the title listed at the beginning 6 times. I edited the first one and repacked the wad and it showed up as a ??? under data management when I installed it. I searched and found something saying that I have to do something with the sha1.exe and edit the .tmd file to reflect the changes to the opening.bnr. I don't know any more than that. Can someone elaborate or direct me to a tool that will edit the wad or the 00000000.app?

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit this if you open the opening.bnr in u8tool. Just choose the file and press the "Get from original file" button or whatever it says at the bottom. Then unpack and repack the bnr.

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the U8tool you guys are using for this the one in the spanish set that's stickied or is another file? I've tried google U8Tool but only find a gbatemp thread about a problem with u8tool and not the program itself.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you download Wadder (wadder.net) it comes with u8tool when it installs, that's where I got it.

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll check Wadder..
One other question, have you tried extracting an opening.bnr file from a game extracted using the wbfs tool (I'm using the linux version), I tried using Wii scrubber to do that but I get a io_seek error and I can't brose the ISO. Any suggestions?

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you plz. explain that?
I had u8 extr. and u8 pack on my PC.
I extraceted the opening.bnr and got:
banner.bin
icon.bin
sound.bon

Opened it with a hex editor and searched for text sting: Mario in banner.bin.
No sucess.

I installed wadder and u8 Tool gives me that error:
Component "F20.dll" or one its depencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pika9323 said:
Can you plz. explain that?
I had u8 extr. and u8 pack on my PC.
I extraceted the opening.bnr and got:
banner.bin
icon.bin
sound.bon

Opened it with a hex editor and searched for text sting: Mario in banner.bin.
No sucess.

I installed wadder and u8 Tool gives me that error:
Component "F20.dll" or one its depencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
There is no need to hex edit the banner.bin file. The text is not in there. I used this version here. It is version 10.1 I think.

Here are the steps I took:
1. Open the opening.bnr in u8tool.
2. Hit extract and a list of titles should come up on the right side. If they don't make sure the IMET (Banner Info) circle is filled in.
3. The "Clone to all titles" box should be checked so type what you want the title to be in the Jap box at the top and all of them will change at the same time.
4. Click pack and you are done. If you want to see if it worked correctly, open u8tool again and hit the button that says "Get settings from original file (Recommended)" and choose the one you just packed. The titles will show up on the side again for you to check. You can also open the opening.bnr in a hex editor and the titles will be at the beginning of the file.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Strange i still get the same error.
Damm Vista
hate2.gif

Will try later on XP PC. But my bros is playing now DoW2 =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-