Hacking EDGE = serious battery drain?

krasoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I've recently purchased EDGE and 3-in-1 EZFlash for my DS lite from DealExtreme.

My question is how do people fare on their battery life with the EDGE card? I have yet to do a proper test using a real game cartridge to find whether I have a defective DS or not. Could people give me an estimate of what I should be getting for play times?

After an overnight charge I played my DS lite for 5h 22 mins (when it died) on lowest brightness, full sound, no GBA cartridge, the game "The World Ends With You". My red light appeared at the 4h 32mins mark.

My other side question is whether there is a Real Time Clock fix for Pokemon Emerald for the 3-in-1 EZ flash. I know GBATA fixes Ruby/Sapphire, but it doesn't patch Emerald and I have not found any IPS patch that would do a similar fix. If there is no possible way to fix this issue, is there any way to set the time in-game using a code? Gameshark or otherwise? Can I perhaps copy my save file over to the PC and use VBA to change the time in the game and copy it back?

What exactly am I missing by not having RTC working? I know about berries and the tides, as well as some kind of pokemart sale. I don't care about the beauty contests if that's what berries are used for, but what about other events? Should I play Ruby/Sapphire for the RTC events or is Emerald without RTC just as good?

This leads to my next question of whether I can use cheats with the 3-in-1 EZ flash and EDGE? I have read that I have to manually patch a rom file to change the code in order to use cheats, if this is the only method, could someone lead me to a guide on how this is done?

I will also post this in the EZflash section if this is not the proper location for such questions.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buy extra batteries, I do. I find most people that worry over the small stuff that they can't control have also problems with the answers they don't want to accept.

as for the RTC and pokemon, go here:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;hilit=pokemon

There are only a handful of games that use RTC, your not missing much.

Since your a chronic cheater, get use to patching, there is no auto-cheat loading on the fly at the moment.

and last but not least since you got a 3in1 recently go here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

semiartificial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not timed it, but it was immediately apparent after getting EDGE that battery life was shorter.
It's not a big problem as there is rarely the chance to play for that length of time away from home/charger.
I have just adapted, sometimes playing now with the charger connected, and also charging overnight etc.
I also got a spare battery, but I'm not using it yet.
I don't know how much it differs from other carts, as I haven't used another one.
The battery impact is, for me, a small inconvenience compared to all the plus points from using a cart/EDGE.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flashcards are known to drain battery life, just live with it, but 5 hours, maybe you have a problem with your battery, i get about 6-7, but with almost no sound, thats when im using my EDGE

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
5 hours 22 minutes is low for a ds lite. I use edge on a fat ds and i get about that with the sound on low and the backlight on. the ds lite was supposed to improve battery life orn you could have been sold a dud edge which drains more power than it shoud, but i doubt it, its probably your battery

gamemazter12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashcards do serious battery drain to DSlite, it takes 6-7 play hours with the lowest brightness and with no sound
but the EDGE team said that they've improved it but only more short play time.

The NDSlite is played with 10 or more hours when using a gamecard, not using flashcards in fully charge(Ive knew it on nds.com)
If you played it only on 5 hours, maybe the battery is the problem.
Dont worry because all flashcards like EDGE do serious battery drain when used on DSlite
cry.gif

yaynds.gif
EDGE ROCKS!!!

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Flashcarts have always been a battery drain. This is why i keep my original carts with me, even after dumping the ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night