EDGE or Super Card DS One?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by adrian2040, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008

EDGE or Super Card DS One? by adrian2040 at 3:33 AM (2,125 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. adrian2040
    OP

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    Right now I can only buy one flash cart online, and I'm deciding between the best choices available on DealExtreme. I'd buy a CycloDS Evolution, but they don't sell them and shipping the cart to here would be very expensive. If it is important, I have right now a DSTT.

I want a cart that uses as less battery power as possible and with a perfect compatibility. I would also prefer the supporting team to provide good and constant updates, especially if they solve problems with compatibility.

Price difference between both isn't important to me. My only problem with the SuperCard is its GUI. I've heard it is kinda clunky, especially the cheat menu.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I already read the reviews.

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The SCDS1 has great features that rival the Cyclo, at a much cheaper price. The support team is very active, and still updates their oldest slot-2s, so at least you know you'll have a very support team. However, there's a lot of issues, such as the GUI, and the extremely annoying cheat menu. Also, since it uses folders, at least you can organize them. By the way, for some reason, when I boot games on the SCDS1, it barely takes more then a second. After watching some demonstration videos, I've noticed that my SCDS1 boots games a lot faster....

The EDGE, has been tossed around, and was known (and still is known) as the Cyclods clone. The support team is at least giving it good firmwares, and has been getting good updates and such. Though, it's not known if they will give it any more updates in the future.

If you don't mind the uglier and slower GUI, and the cheat menu, it's probably the best cart to purchase.

3. tKo HaXoR

Member tKo HaXoR GBAtemp Fan

United States
    drop both and buy a TTDS! Oh wait you are trying to get away from it... Go for the EDGE!!! Great build quality, has in game slow motion, skinning is freaking simple and can hold as many skins as the micro sd can take, great game compatibility, and it just got updated about 2 or 3 days ago! It loads quick and IMO is a very good cheap flash cart!

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I have the EDGE, DSTT and the SCDS1, and out of the three I think that the EDGE is the best.

5. MarioBrotha

Member MarioBrotha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think u should just get EDGE since its preety good for its price.

Or just stay with ur DSTT, unless you dont like it

6. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    If you want all those extra features from the SCDS1, then go for that. If you're only looking to play games and such just go for the cheaper EDGE, though why not pay a few extra $$ for something much better? BTW the slow GUI on the SCDS1 can be fixed with a few tweaks, or loading a new GUI altogether.

7. Heeroo

Member Heeroo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Buy the CycloDS Evo and not the Edege. ZThe Edge is only a clone of the CycloDS Evo and the CycloDS has better support.

8. powser

Newcomer powser Advanced Member

why are u all recommending EDGE to him which has virtually no improvement over DSTT? (well other than the relatively new slomo.., and of coz a UI which "rivals" YSMenu)

If u're thinking of "upgrading" your DSTT then just get a SCDS1...

9. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would just stay with the DSTT, what do you want that the edge will offer you that your current flashcard doesn't?

10. Heatguyred

Newcomer Heatguyred Advanced Member

Mexico
    Stay with your DSTT untill it breaks

11. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    scds1 menu is crap, cyclo too expensive, so go for the edge, there is no spring in the microsd slot so its almost impossible to break it.

12. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I don't understand why most people are recommending the edge. SCDS1 has so many more features than the edge and to be honest with you I'd rather have an Acekard 2 over an Edge any day.

Supercard DS 1 is the way to go.

13. trained-dog

Newcomer trained-dog Newbie

United Kingdom
    I would go with the Edge card.
    I own two cards the Edge and the Cyclo ds evo. Both are Brillant cards but the Edge card uses less battery than the cyclo ds evo.
    other than that they are great cards.

14. adrian2040
    OP

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    At the end I found a way to buy a CycloDS Evolution, so I bought one. Thanks for the help!

15. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Guys ... what are you basing your decisions on??

I agree that the EDGE does not really offer much advantage compared to the DSTT/TTDS.

But the SCDS1 has many features, and can also run the DSTT GUI (+ you can boot the original GUI if you need special features like Realtime Save)

If you do not need the additional features, and want a faster and nicer GUI, go for the Acekard 2.1.
    The AK2 beats the DSTT by 20000% and is also much nicer than the EDGE.

Just my 2 cents.