Ebay search parameters

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been recently trying to shop for some NES games on ebay as around here these rubes have nothing or are battered homes for roaches.

Problem I'm having is that there seems to be a few real douchebag sellers on there such as oldschoolgaming101 and dkoldies who like to charge a fair rate for a game, but wants like $7for ship and they won't combine shipping or will for nearly the full price of mailing it alone.

Basically they can kiss my ass. Problem is I'm looking at the search tool there and I don't see a way to exclude those idiots. Is there a key I can use when searching or something to funnel out those turds so I can find the real sellers?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Click 'Advanced Search' next to the search bar, (click 'Advanced Search' again at the bottom of the new page if you are only presented with a couple of search boxes). Then on the 'From Sellers' section you can choose to exclude up to 10 sellers from your search (seperate names with comma or space).

Note: You can save the search as a favourite search to avoid having to type all of the sellers names into the advanced search each time. However, if you go to search for something else e.g. originally you searched for Mario inside NES games and you want to change it to something else e.g. Megaman, then click on the 'Advanced Search' link again (and change the search query) or edit the url address directly ~ If you just use the main left hand search box it'll reset the search parameters! (i.e. all the sellers you excluded)

smile.gif

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh crap thanks. I see where they buried it now. THANKS! I just saw that box there where it was like 'include' and figured it just pulled done a list of saved people to hunt.

Time to cut out the jackasses and find the real deals. I hate ebay swindlers so this should grow fast as I get names.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, there were like 3 pages full of PS2 games that were listed as 1 cent but shipping rate was something like $8.75.

Like, I'll walk up to his house with invoice of 50 games, give him 50 cents and take all the games. (Although he'll be like "no local pickup available", Uhm.. I'm at your doorstep talking to you face to face? I'm taking the games sucker)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, there were like 3 pages full of PS2 games that were listed as 1 cent but shipping rate was something like $8.75.

Like, I'll walk up to his house with invoice of 50 games, give him 50 cents and take all the games. (Although he'll be like "no local pickup available", Uhm.. I'm at your doorstep talking to you face to face? I'm taking the games sucker)

Great idea, except for the fact that the S&H covers shipping and HANDLING (and usually sellers include the time and effort as part of this, so it would be to recoup the cost of listing plus additional fees)

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never put handling into my stuff. I just looked up the Priority Mail rate and quoted it until they started doing distances. It's not too far off the mark though with the distance when it's those 1lb boxes or less so I'd just round up to the next dollar.

Just more shady crap I refused to put up with. I filtered out 9 douchebags already and that took out around 40% of the postings. Once that was set thousands a crooked posts gone and I saw some interesting items.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1