Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ebayfailvirtualboy.jpg

PlanetVB member, VirtualJockey, has reported a new eBay policy change. EBay has banned the use of the word "virtual" in all video game listings. This new policy change specifically affects the Virtual Boy community. No longer can collectors search and buy Virtual Boy consoles or games. Consider the issues with trying to buy and sell a Nintendo Virtual Boy, Virtual Bowling, or Virtual Lab. Virtual Bowling and Virtual Lab, being among the rarest games, will now be even more difficult to track down.

VirtualJockey's auctions were pulled and he was unable to get the title changed. There is no word yet on which future auctions will be policed or if they will simply not allow game auctions to be listed using the word "virtual". There are currently many auctions listed so it is possible they are targeting a select few at this point.

If you are a video game enthusiast, a collector, or you simply want to get involved, consider writing an e-mail to eBay. Express your concern over this policy change and ask them to reconsider the banning of a tangible classic video game counsel.

Thanks to VJockey via IRC for the conversation.​

icon11.gif
 Virtual Boy WIKI Article

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely to ban virtual items (like wow gold, and other crap like tf2 hats)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great now i can't buy virtual bart for my snes or sega genesis LOL.

tanuki1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still seeing 424 results on my Virtual Boy search page.Was this just in specific countries or has the ban not fully taken affect yet?

DSman59

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sellers will have to censor the word 'virtual' from now on, like 'v*****l', but that could be interpreted as something dubious like Vag... Boy
blink.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This likely makes it so more auctions with the word virtual in the name can't be posted in the video games category. They likely didn't go through the trouble of removing everything yet.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My question is why? I know eBay doesn't like the sale of virtual items (points card, subscription, accounts, etc.), but did anyone really use the word that often to refer to such items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o