EA delays Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

sadassdsklo.png

The sequel to 2019's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has just been delayed. EA has pushed back Star Wars Jedi: Survivor by a month, to work on performance issues and bug fixes. Originally slated to release on March 17th, it'll now launch on April 28th, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess one month is not too bad. Hopefully, that means there aren't any major issues.

I really enjoyed the last one, so looking forward to this.

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A month doesn't sound long enough. I call that this releases as an absolute buggy disaster and has 10+ patches in the first year. In fact, if it releases bad enough, Disney might take the licence away and give it to someone better than EA?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A month doesn't sound long enough. I call that this releases as an absolute buggy disaster and has 10+ patches in the first year. In fact, if it releases bad enough, Disney might take the licence away and give it to someone better than EA?
...Like Ubisoft? Or maybe Square Enix?
Agreed on the month not sounding long enough though, but if it's a couple of final kinks then I'm happy - surprisingly enjoyed the first game so got my eye on this one.

Reactions: JohnnyD123

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With modern standards for video games where they are, there must be very significant performance issues - like unplayable

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just another shitsouls clone. Not like SW can hope for something more original these days.

Far from "just another shitsouls clone". My best guess is you either just don't like souls-like games, you suck at them, or you're never played some of the actually terrible "shitsouls clone" games out there. Because Fallen Order certainly is not one of them.

tbf, fallen order was the best SW game in a long time imho

It was in fact probably THE best SW game in a long time. Very excited for the sequel.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbf, fallen order was the best SW game in a long time imho
Can't say I liked it and also hate that god damn character that plays the role of a gay in a TV series, not that I care, but they had a infinite possibility of a character and hate what they chose.

Totally miss is a new Star Wars battlefront but with as much content as like the classic battlefront 2 made similar to BF2...

I was actually way more hyped for Ubisoft Star Wars which may have been cancelled no idea, thought it's not like Ubisoft make any game I like for some time either just like EA...

Reactions: LeNoobio

LeNoobio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't say I liked it and also hate that god damn character that plays the role of a gay in a TV series, not that I care, but they had a infinite possibility of a character and hate what they chose.

Totally miss is a new Star Wars battlefront but with as much content as like the classic battlefront 2 made similar to BF2...

I was actually way more hyped for Ubisoft Star Wars which may have been cancelled no idea, thought it's not like Ubisoft make any game I like for some time either just like EA...
I understand your point, but absolutely don't share your taste (which is fine with me, don't get me wrong :D)
BF2 (2017) is still a good game imo for its overall presentation and feel, but as you said - they should have gone in depth and just copy & paste a lot of the great gameplay of classic Battlefront 2 to actually create a compelling multiplayer experience.

If I look back on the last 10+ years of Star Wars games, only SWTOR (which went down the shitter with those BioWare spinoff-devs), BF1+2, Fallen Order and Squadrons (played in VR, ofc) come to my mind. So even if you disliked Fallen Order, you can't possibly overrate its significance.

Reactions: guily6669

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The sequel to 2019's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has just been delayed. EA has pushed back Star Wars Jedi: Survivor by a month, to work on performance issues and bug fixes. Originally slated to release on March 17th, it'll now launch on April 28th, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1620527593580806145
I still don't understand why the game can't release for the ps4 when the first one released on that console plus ps4 can run unreal engine 5 games..I just hmm..

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
homophobe, much?
How dense and simple-minded can one person be to "hate" a character in a game just because he played a gay character in a TV show. Fucking rural America bullshit. Get some education, man.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your point, but absolutely don't share your taste (which is fine with me, don't get me wrong )
BF2 (2017) is still a good game imo for its overall presentation and feel, but as you said - they should have gone in depth and just copy & paste a lot of the great gameplay of classic Battlefront 2 to actually create a compelling multiplayer experience.

If I look back on the last 10+ years of Star Wars games, only SWTOR (which went down the shitter with those BioWare spinoff-devs), BF1+2, Fallen Order and Squadrons (played in VR, ofc) come to my mind. So even if you disliked Fallen Order, you can't possibly overrate its significance.
Sure, my friends liked this Star Wars for example... I also don't like Squadrons, but it's really the type of game that I can't say I care unless it was more like No Man's Sky type...

My favorite Star Wars game is still the episode 1 from like late 90's or something like that.

Anyway it's sad that Lego Star Wars seems to be one of the best and includes a crap load of Star Wars content, wish they made something similar but without being Lego and more serious :ph34r:
homophobe, much?
How dense and simple-minded can one person be to "hate" a character in a game just because he played a gay character in a TV show. Fucking rural America bullshit. Get some education, man.
I don't care for the homophobic part, but hate that actor... Much less playing a entire game as him LOL

If they even chosen a decent actor like a younger Harrison Ford would be more my cup of tea.

Anyway with or without him I can't say I liked that much the game, it was a bit boring for me sadly :wink:

Last edited by guily6669,

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA, please let Respawn take all the time they need. I really liked the first one even though I didn't get a chance to finish it all the way through.

Reactions: LeNoobio

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
hate that god damn character that plays the role of a gay in a TV series, not that I care
I dunno man, sounds like you do care, otherwise you'd just say you dislike the actor.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
homophobe, much?

While I agree with the rest of what you said, I live in rural America and am nothing like this other person. Please stop projecting that homophobia is primarily a rural and/or American thing. As if there are no homophobes in the UK.

I don't care for the homophobic part, but hate that actor... Much less playing a entire game as him LOL

If they even chosen a decent actor like a younger Harrison Ford would be more my cup of tea.

Anyway with or without him I can't say I liked that much the game, it was a bit boring for me sadly :wink:

You're so full of shit. Face it, you didn't like the game and thought it was boring solely because the main character played a gay in a tv show. You're a homophobic prick.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're so full of shit. Face it, you didn't like the game and thought it was boring solely because the main character played a gay in a tv show. You're a homophobic prick.
If you read right the game being boring for me has nothing to do with the character despite not liking the choice...

It's just a very different game which I mostly liked the cinematics and that kind of stuff but was bored while playing it. :wink:

And there are gay actors which are actually gay in real life that I love like the prison break and how I met you mom as examples, I don't even have a clue if the referring actor from Star Wars is gay or not in real life and don't care...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4