Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bQkHp.jpg

Yesterday, the Internet was abuzz because of a message iOS users were receiving pertaining to the iOS version of Rockband. The message stated the game would no longer be playable after May 31, and folks who paid for the app were worried this was merely a foreshadowing of worse things to come from EA. Today, however, EA has recanted the statement, saying, "the in-app message users received yesterday was sent in error."

"We apologize for the confusion this caused. We're working to clarify the issue that caused the error and will share additional information as soon as possible," EA told CNET in a statement.

Error or no, the company included the change to the game's online FAQ, though the information has since been removed.

:arrow: Source

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why does the game even have the deactivation facility? The text indicates to me that they had this coded into the game and they could deactivate it at any time.. be it the 31st of May or another date.

Reactions: 5 people

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am guessing that a mad employee did this, or someone hacked EA (nothing new) and posted it. I'm guessing rockband iOS isn't the most encripted server they own.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I only buy games available on hard copies. They didn't mean to shut off this game at this time, well whoopdeefreakindoo, it still shows it's possible for them to just say "fuck you customer, we taking you gamez".

That it's EA this happened with is just the topping on the cake. Remember when they shut off some guy's games for what he said on their forums? Then they were all "oh we so sorry it was a mistake!" Uh huh, more like they were sorry the internet was going apeshit over that so they had to backpedal. Makes you wonder if the same isn't happening here.

If not, and they were really making a mistake, wow, what a bunch of incompetent boobs. Certainly not who I'd want to buy something from.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of demo messages, and it never referred to the viewers with terms like this.

"Dear Rockers" is something that could be said to the userbase in general, referring to them as a group, instead of individual testers or magazine releases.
"Rocking out with us" implies playing the game, not being a tester.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: