E3 Predictions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by G2K, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

E3 Predictions by G2K at 6:56 PM (1,377 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    After reading IGN's article on their predictions for E3 (http://wii.ign.com/articles/982/982626p1.html) I got really excited. So I wanted to see what other people are thinking might happen - Wii or DS.

Personally? I'm going for more Spirit Tracks, Pikmin 3, more NPC titles for NA, a true Zelda Wii game, and possibly a 3D Mario DS.

Also - and I'm callin' this right now - Backing up to a Hard Drive [​IMG]

2. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hype, then disappointment

you heard it here first folks

But srsly (sadly that above comment is at least a little serious...), if there's a WM+ Zelda, they'd be stupid not to announce it this year at E3, what with WM+ releasing that same month.

They'll announce details about that DS Zelda that'll more than likely end up being just as lame as Phantom Hourglass

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver localization details

Pikmin 3 details

hopefully they'll announce that Galaxy sequel already

I'm gonna keep my expectations low. After last year (the entire year, not just E3), that's going to take zero effort at all.

3. JussiPik

Member JussiPik GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    [​IMG]

...now seriously, im waiting some big big news from nintendo, like new zelda or something like that.

4. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Obligitory 2 days before bump.

5. Pimpmynintendo

Member Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well on a side note, at least Nintendo had the best E3 last year. Yes it was a joke but it at least made us laugh whereas the other two were just... nothing.

6. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Nintendo will have the Wii Motion Controller of course and mmmm maybe Wiifit 2? hahaha

Well most Wii games suck really bad so Nintendo really need good games but I don't know if it really is going to happen. I think most componies think that the Wii does not have enough power for their games so all the kick ass games go to the 360 and the PS3. I feel that game developers don't even try when making games for the Wii either since the console could do so much better and most games come out looking really crappy. Probably the best looking Wii games are made by Nintendo. I don't have that many Wii games but wow it looks like it really was not an upgrade from the GC.

7. Pimpmynintendo

United States
    I hate when people say stupid crap like this about developers not making games for the Wii because of the graphical aspect. If there is any REAL reason for why company's haven't been making Wii games, it is more than likely because they are being pansies who want to take it safe and not be innovative OR because they are unsure of how to effectively implement their ideas in the best ways possible. Also the Wii has waaay better controls for FPS so don't give me this crap about the other consoles doing it better just because of graphics. Graphics are only ONE aspect of playing a video game. As a whole it is how well you immerse yourself in the game which would include story, controls, character depth, and graphical style(note I say style because some games are suited to look better certain ways like Muramasa which looks beautiful like that.) Also you don't know what you are talking about it is a lot more powerful than the GC.

Edit: Also you should have expected a rant like this since you were kinda berating the Wii on the Wii board.(Only people like War can do that)

8. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Maybe you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about.

developers indeed see the Wii as a console that cannot handle their games and that's why all the best titles do not come out for the Wii. Shovelware does come out for the Wii and well the best games on the Wii are the ones made by Nintendo. And yes the Wii is more powerful than the GC but you don't really notice that in Games at all. A lot of Wii titles don't look that much better than GC games. A lot of Wii games look like GC titles. Most Wii games don't seem to have a good storyline at all.

The Wii has a great motion controller. That's why I bought it. Because I played Mario Kart Wii and I'm like. OMG this is sweet. I wonder how many great games are out there like this. But how many racing games does the Wii really have? And is it really better playing the few racing games it has on the Wii than on my 360? Oh yeah I also bought it because of the Virtual Console and when I tried it out I discovered that the games look as good as they looked on the original consoles with no enhancement at all so I rather just use an emulator and played them with enhanced graphics and sound on my TV through my computer.

The bottom line is that I won't get a game on the Wii if it also is on the 360 because it is just so much better on the 360 and the Wii really needs some great exclusive games because most people that have both consoles think just like that.

9. Pimpmynintendo

United States
    Umm there are quite a few people on this site who have both the 360 and Wii and haven't touched their 360 in months... Also I don't really care if the Wii doesn't get games that the PS3 and 360 get(a lot of the great ones the Wii doesn't get are easily playable on PC with even better graphics than the ps3/360.) I wouldn't want to see dumbed down versions that are given a bunch of crap gimmick controls anyway.

10. bytor

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The reason why we haven't seen any good looking third party titles until this year (Deadly Creatures, House of The Dead Overkill and Madworld have been very good in terms of eye candy imo) is because the success of the Wii took everybody in the industry (including me!) by surprise.

The majority of games during it's first two years of life were dodgy ports and mini-game collections that were rushed in a hurry to take advantage of a console's far superior marketshare, the shovelware will continue as it did for the PS2 in the console generation before it...some of those games were bloody dire lol. When the PS3 and the Wii were both announced everybody in the industry expected the Wii to be another Gamecube and the PS3 to continue the success of the PS2, so the majority of publishers ploughed money into PS3 development...the results of which we've seen during the last couple of years. And the majority of those PS3 titles lost money due to the console having a surprisingly low installed user base.

After Christmas 2007 it was quite clear with Wiis flying off shelves and with Wii development being cheaper than the other 2 current gen systems (a Wii Dev Kit will only cost a developer around £2000 for example, as opposed to around £18,000 for a PS3 Dev Kit [​IMG] ) that the Wii wasn't a fad and a great deal of publishers started to invest in Wii projects.

The great looking third party titles such as Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The Conduit, Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Gladiator AD and The Grinder show that with time and effort great looking visuals can combine with the Wii's superior control scheme for on-rails, third and first person shooters to provide a more in-depth and immersive gaming experience. It may not have the graphical horsepower of the PS360 but the titles I've listed above certainly come pretty damn close to 360 quality at least. People were mistaking The Conduit at last years E3 for a 360 title for example.

Okay off-topic rant over lol [​IMG]

It's already been leaked that Wii Fit Plus (with online play) and a Mario game of some sort will be announced later this week from Nintendo and it wouldn't surprise me if we get news of a Wii Zelda from Nintendo too - Link, swordplay, Motion Plus anyone.? [​IMG]

I'm expecting Factor 5 to have a WWI or WWII flying game announced after seeing the pictures of some of the buildings that were leaked a while back, and again this will have plenty of eye candy if Factor 5's previous titles are anything to go by. [​IMG]

11. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Still waiting for some of those exclusive games like Sadness to get released, do want nao!

Seriously though, I am not expecting much out of E3 once again, developers can't do anything worthwhile for the Wii cause they are a bunch of lazy hacks who haven't had a good idea in years. Not expecting much out of Nintendo either, doubt they are going to announce any major titles this year.

12. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Two words

KID mother fucking ICARUS

also at this time i'd like to promote my new project

13. skx7

Member skx7 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    they will announce the european release of muscle march :-)

14. gblock247

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Haha, got the japanese one and I definitely would pay for the english version if it came over here.

15. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    2D Super Mario Bros for Wii!

16. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    My predictions!!

System Menu 5.0 (complete redesign... think 360)

Final name for Spirit Tracks (zelda ds)

Wii Motion + (that's a given!)

New Mario Wii title

US release dates for Pokemon and Mario Luigi RPG 3

17. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States

No system menu update [​IMG]

Little more info on Spirit Tracks

Motion +, and a new heart moniter! yay (sarcastic)

2 new Mario titles

US release date for Mario Luigi RPG 3 (Bowers Inside Story)

-------------

Metroid : Other M (wow!)

Golden Sun DS (wow!)

some exciting info...

Now, will someone please dump the Spirit Tracks demo and upload it!!!