Hacking Question Dynamic OC/UC on NX?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I still prefer calling switch NX, cause it sounds cool to me, but that's beside the point.

My points is that I really like the plugin on vita called 'DynaClockVita'. It tries to regulate CPU/GPU depending on the load. Like with this thing on it clocks down to 60mhz most of the time, while I play stuff like Puyo Puyo Tetris, which is barely hardware pushing. But while play PS Nova, which is quite technological, it keeps around 444mhz on field to maintain the framerate.

In a word it seems smart. Can we do the same on switch? I didn't really done much OC wise so far. Will syslck do the trick? Like if I'll set speed to 768mhz for GPU, will it always be 768, or just caps at 768, running lower when not needed otherwise? Or we need other type of software or config?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't really done much OC wise so far. Will syslck do the trick? Like if I'll set speed to 768mhz for GPU, will it always be 768, or just caps at 768, running lower when not needed otherwise? Or we need other type of software or config?

It's possible. You can refer to Status Monitor and sys-clk code, make your own equation when you want to change clocks and compile it as sysmodule. Remember that it won't be compatible with sys-clk.
I won't do it because it will require some Fine-tuning to avoid microstutters (dunno if it even can be completely avoided).

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Reploid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat