DVD to AVI to DPG?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by R4Liam, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011

DVD to AVI to DPG? by R4Liam at 5:31 PM (934 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    I going to New York on Monday!!!! but the plane journey is very long from the UK as you'd imagine.

I know my mates will be fighting over sitting next to me with a DSIXL playing movies. So how do I rip a DVD onto my computer into AVI format to then convert to DPG format in BatchDPG to finally play on my Supercard DSTWO?

People might argue that the DSTWO has a movie player for many movie formats but I heard somewhere that DPG encoded movies are better quality on the DS than other movie formats. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Thank you!

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Why does it have to be to AVI? You could rip the DVD to VOB format using DVD Decrypter, then use SUPER to convert directly from VOB to DPG I believe.

EDIT: But if you are set on converting to AVI, you can use AutoGK to convert from VOB to AVI. From my experiences, SUPER isn't fantastic. So it may be better to do it this way. I have used AutoGK for converting videos for my DS before, and it worked out quite well (although that was for my Max Media Player, not MoonShell). There's a tutorial here: http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=TutorialEN

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the VOB files. Google for tutorials on it.

3. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    i hate SUPER because it's SUPER slow and SUPER complicated. Batch DPG is quick, simple and clean. SUPER leaves that weird line on DPG movies

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You could try checking out dpg4x. It's a pretty nifty converter that I actually think is a decent recommendation and has some extra things that DPGTools doesn't have.

5. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Go with AutoGK then, it's great [​IMG]

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I don't recall SUPER being slow or complicated, but I do know it's UI being buggy as all hell.

7. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Its always been very slow/crashy for me. And to someone who doesn't know much about video conversion etc., its UI is pretty confusing.

8. Elvarg

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    use super you have to convert the file into something smaller like mpeg4 before you can convert it to .dpg using super.