DVD Read error 324 (Solution)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Version2Minx, Mar 6, 2009.

Mar 6, 2009
  1. Version2Minx
    OP

Newcomer Version2Minx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Howdy peoples,

I normally sit hiding in the shadows but needed to come into the light and tell people how to sort out this error. I just got bored of seeing it over and over.

No matter how many people say its a CIOS error its not. It may become a CIOS error if you installed your CIOS in the wrong order in the first place.
    It is defo a read error from cruddy burning.

Firstly install all the bits and pieces using a guide. I used Big Moes (This way you wont miss anything or do it in the wrong order). I wont copy all that down because it seems to be on every other post these days, just because some Noobs are exceptionally lazy. I was a Noob myself, I guess I still am, but before filling a pretty good forum with the same stuff
    "READ WHATS BEEN POSTED BEFORE"

Second only use DVD-R media, Ive tried DVD+R, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, anything apart from DVD-R is very hit and miss. I have tried using 3 diffeent Burners too and DVD-R gives a better success rate.
    Finally Burn on a slow speed, I use 4X in Nero, or 2X in IMGBurn

Done.

http://dragcave.net/user/Version2.0

2. rash219

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    Dont forget USE "ONLY VERBATIM DVD-R"

3. Version2Minx
    OP

United Kingdom
    I think they just have to be good quality DVD-R, my Memorex ones work fine.

4. bloshengland

Newcomer bloshengland Member

United Kingdom
    i use tesco value they work brill

5. Version2Minx
    OP

United Kingdom
    lol, good old tesco! TBH you will probably find there are places like Tesco who provide a good standard cheapo DVD-R. But for the sake of getting a lot of happy people with working back-ups I would say firstly try something like Verbatim or Memorex that people know do the business.
    If people have a high success rate with a specific brand I will test them then add them to the first post!