Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone of GBAtemp!

My name is Kush, and I just joined these forums! I just got my wii Yesterday, softmodded it and have been having alot of trouble. My question to you is will DVD+R's work with NeoGamma Backup loader? I have burned 2 games. NSMB and Super Mario Slugger and on both games I get DVD error, no Cios installed. If someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD+R work perfect. Thats what Ive been using for WII. It does not matter what app its for - as long as the WII drive reads it which it does. It must be how you are burning it. I use IMGBurn, burn rate @8x Max. When I burn faster, the WII sometimes skips.

Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Todd,
Thanks for your reply. I used ISO burner and am not sure what speed I burned at. Could it be the error I am getting? The no Cios installed. I am not sure how to install a Cios.

TO Djtaz: I think I installed the one that came with backupgamma, at the end of installation it said
QUOTE said:
install returned: -1

Not surewhat IOS it was.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to get a cIOS like waninkokos cIOS rev14 (or the later 15) and install that for pretty much any of the loaders to work - Google should help you out a bit , or any of the guides on here have links too.

Lol BenJay got there before me as usual.
The answer was in the question.

Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you benjay.
But if I already have a Cios installed, will it overwrite it? Or will i just have a clutter of Cios' all over my Wii system?

ALso, this is a bit off topic, but how would I make backuploader its own channel?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Kushinder said:
Thank you benjay.
But if I already have a Cios installed, will it overwrite it? Or will i just have a clutter of Cios' all over my Wii system?

ALso, this is a bit off topic, but how would I make backuploader its own channel?

installing a new Cios will overwrite the existing one.

PS : don't thank me , thank Djtaz , he was the first to notice your lack of Cios ^^

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kushinder

1. A new cIOS will overwrite the old one , but you dont have one so u need one anyway.

2. You can get wadder and make yourself a channel from an existing wad and a the dol file your now using from homebrew channel. There are also many many many many pre-made channel wad files out there you can just download and use.

People have signatures to give you hints as to where to find good guides on doing everything - click a few links in the sigs and you will find out a lot.

Kushinder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to both of you!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat