DVD media

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pii Wii, Jan 31, 2009.

Jan 31, 2009

DVD media by Pii Wii at 10:48 PM (944 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Pii Wii
    OP

Newcomer Pii Wii Advanced Member

United States
    I know the answer to this already, but I wanted to know if anybody else has had trouble with this to? I have been using Sony DVD-r disc to burn my games, and most all played fine. I am using gamma with 002 fix wad made by DJtaz,(very nice
    by the way). I am also using 0.3 beta with 247. Both loaders work fine up until I started using Memorex DVD-r's. I bought them on sale and didn't think nothing about it. Now games that I have on Sony disc that I recopied to Memorex disc for the kids room are giving DRE's a lot. I know I should just go back to Sony if they work, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had trouble from memerox disc to? Also I made a copy of my guitar hero 3 LOR game and some songs start to play fine
    then give DRE's. Is this just GH3 problem or could it be the disc also. Thanks for all the help.

2. Sorox

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    1: why not use gamma?
    2: Memorex is undoubtly the worst dvd media ever
    3: WEEGEE!

3. FireFreek

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use Memorex, and they all work perfect(other than 3x speeds, but that's normal).

4. Sorox

United States
    From what ive heard, memorex suck. Then again, ive never used them. SONY BABY!

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I use whatever is cheap and so far all my DVDs work, except for the ones that get burn errors because my drive tries to chew on the discs.

6. Sorox

United States
    That reminds me. Whats a new wii game that anyone would reccomend to me?

7. FireFreek

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Memorex are really good. They're cheaper than all the ones like Verbatim or Sony, but have pretty much the same success rate(in my experience).

...Random? Battalion Wars 2 sounds pretty good. I've yet to try it, though. De Blob is fun for a bit, then gets boring, but you should try it. Definitely Call of Duty 5 if you haven't.

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Well if you have a good burner and do everything right, your success rate with Verbatim, taiyo yuden or sony is 100%. There's much stuff you can do wrong about choosing media and burning, you only have to look at the amount of media and burning threads to verify this.

9. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    ive had memorex dvd-rs that work but another variation of memorex dvd-rs dont work. it has to do with the dyes in the disc, the wii cant read thru certain dyes on certain dvd-rs

10. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    i used Memorex DVD+R (booktyped to DVD-ROM) for one game and it's working fine, however i burned all my +50 games onto Verbatim AZO DVD-R at 2x.