Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Recently i got a copy of Street Fighter IV for the PC< so i popped it in, and ran the installation. I usually go grab like a drink come back after 10 minutes and it should have been installed. However when i came back, i saw that the installation progress was way less than about 1/3 done.

i was like
wtf.gif

i mean i remember installing GTA IV, when i was at my PC, it literally took less than 12 mins to install.

anyway i thought that i had a defective disc or somat, so i pooped in F.E.A.R 2 which i've yet to play, and ran the installation. Yep, the installation was slow. So then i tried to install a game which i new it installed fast in the past (Fallout 3). Yet again the installation was realllly slow, i literally waited out 20 mins and the installation didn't complete

mad.gif

so, like is there something wrong.

things i've already done:

1. System Restore, didn't help, still slow installs.

2. Turned off my PC, ripped out the power cables to my DVD drive, re-inserted them, didn't work, still slow.

[just a small note, when i ran the above installations, i noticed that the installation was literally eating up my CPU completely, yeah i know its something usual that happens, but the installation was eating up so much of my cpu (core 2 duo 2.4GHZ E6550) that the mouse was laggy, like a 2 sec response time, when ever i take out the disc its fine]

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Maybe in this frame of time you put a horribly scratched or really badly burned disc in it which ruined the lens?
unsure.gif

I do remember putting in a Dual layer DVD that was filled with some anime. The disc wouldn't load properly, like it would lag horribly when i would try to browse the files....could;d have it been that
unsure.gif

QUOTE(Golfman560 @ Jul 19 2009, 11:05 PM) Well if the CPU usage is high then installation would be slow because it can't process data fast enough. Run a virus scan.

Will do.

basically what i really want to know is that should i got out and just buy i new drive
unsure.gif

mad.gif
i'm so annoyed.
frown.gif

thanks for the help guys.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
This one is shorter: http://winhlp.com/node/10
You are welcome.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe you so much....its working again......YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Tried the above installs that were slow....they're great now...thanks dude, im so happy
biggrin.gif
You made my day
biggrin.gif

GBAtemp + logical thinker FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

QUOTEThe most frequent use why a CD or DVD port falls back to PIO mode is a scratched or otherwise unreadable CD or DVD.

that's what happened, like i said in a previous post i put in this DVD, just wouldn't read the files...and things were downhill from there, anyway things are good now *goes and destroys that DVD*

THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu