DVD Drive Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Maz7006, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009

DVD Drive Problems by Maz7006 at 8:19 PM (858 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Recently i got a copy of Street Fighter IV for the PC< so i popped it in, and ran the installation. I usually go grab like a drink come back after 10 minutes and it should have been installed. However when i came back, i saw that the installation progress was way less than about 1/3 done.

i was like [​IMG]

i mean i remember installing GTA IV, when i was at my PC, it literally took less than 12 mins to install.

anyway i thought that i had a defective disc or somat, so i pooped in F.E.A.R 2 which i've yet to play, and ran the installation. Yep, the installation was slow. So then i tried to install a game which i new it installed fast in the past (Fallout 3). Yet again the installation was realllly slow, i literally waited out 20 mins and the installation didn't complete

[​IMG]

so, like is there something wrong.

things i've already done:

1. System Restore, didn't help, still slow installs.

2. Turned off my PC, ripped out the power cables to my DVD drive, re-inserted them, didn't work, still slow.

[just a small note, when i ran the above installations, i noticed that the installation was literally eating up my CPU completely, yeah i know its something usual that happens, but the installation was eating up so much of my cpu (core 2 duo 2.4GHZ E6550) that the mouse was laggy, like a 2 sec response time, when ever i take out the disc its fine]

2. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    errrrr.... bump? [​IMG]

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Maybe in this frame of time you put a horribly scratched or really badly burned disc in it which ruined the lens? [​IMG]

4. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Well if the CPU usage is high then installation would be slow because it can't process data fast enough. Run a virus scan.

5. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Will do.

basically what i really want to know is that should i got out and just buy i new drive [​IMG]

[​IMG] i'm so annoyed. [​IMG]

thanks for the help guys.

6. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
  7. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    will give a try thanks, reading the intro of the article makes me jsut wanna leave work right now and go hope and try it, will report back.

8. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
  9. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    that's what happened, like i said in a previous post i put in this DVD, just wouldn't read the files...and things were downhill from there, anyway things are good now *goes and destroys that DVD*

THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED