DVD Data Disc and multimedia

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LightyKD, Dec 7, 2008.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Do we have a app that allows for us to watch our videos and listen to our .mp3 files off a DVD data disc? I mean seriously, the other systems have this feature, this is pretty much LONG OVERDUE.

2. djdynamite123

djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    Have you been "hiding in the toilet" for the past 2 months!!

Go on wiibrew, check mplayerwii download dvd supported mplayerwii, sorted! THE END

3. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
  4. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    so this new version has DVD video and DVD data support or will i still need to hand on to the player that was released with DVDx?

5. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    use the version that i said it will play evrything usb.sd.dvd.smb just install dvdx and there you go !

6. djdynamite123

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    NO, use mplayer dvd lib edition!

7. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    AWESOME!!! I don't mind having 2 players for the separate reasons (...for now) It's just that I have DVD's of whole seasons of my favorite TV shows (All 4 seasons for Star Trek enterprise, Witch Season 1, Power Rangers Time Force, ect) [​IMG] I always loved that feature on the X-Box 360 and I'm glad to have it on Wii [​IMG]

8. djdynamite123

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    yep, data dvd read speed is pretty good as well:) have fun with your divx files..

9. NeoNight

NeoNight GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2008
    United States
    last time I checked it just supported dvd data disc. for dvd video you need to use the version of mplayer that team twiisers(spelling?) made a while ago.

10. djdynamite123

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    ive just said that, only supports data, team twiizers only supports dvd video!

11. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Don't worry, I just took a good look at wiibrew.org and found the one with DVD support, now I need to find a banner for it [​IMG] From what i see the player still has a bit of issue with disc with multiple folders. I'm a organization nut so it's a slight problem but for the most part it works perfectly. Right now I'm watching Star Trek Enterprise (Season 4 Terra Prime part 2). [​IMG]

12. djdynamite123

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    oh no i hate star trek lol, well have fun...

13. madtamski

madtamski GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2008
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Gotta love Enterprise [​IMG]

Well done!

14. djdynamite123

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    Lol, my bro has a full collection of Star trek bollox, think it was a collection "robbed" from buying the collectors magazines, he ended up getting rid off ebay lol, I could never sit and watch star trek, to me it would be a super long slow death lol, but that's me not into that, never know i might quite like it* But i never give it a chance.

15. unused_bagels

unused_bagels Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    United States
    SC
    I use mine to watch Voyager, actually. We don't have the Enterprise Box sets yet xD

So is they person who made this program going to update it? It's a little barren, and sometimes glitchy. Also, has anyone else had this problem after using the program :
    insert disc (at any point, wii off/on etc.) and sometimes all you get is a click click click. 10 minutes later, it'll work if you play with it.
    We only encountered this problem after using mplayer DVD ed. Any thoughts? [​IMG]

16. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Ive gone back to using ORB.com for media streaming to my Wii. I hate the fact that I'm streaming my D drive to the wii So I can enjoy my data disc when the wii has a perfectly good drive but right now i believe its th best solution till m player gets an update and some cool graphics wouldnt hurt either. I think this year a lot of homebrew ap creaters should focus on making their apps actually look like Wii channels... thats also long overdue

17. unused_bagels

unused_bagels Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    United States
    SC