Dumping with Supercard DSTWO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by memoryofds, Apr 8, 2012.

1. memoryofds
    OP

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hi guys, I have some questions about dumping.

I am a little confused from all the informations, so I think it is better to ask first before destroying something :)

First of all, I want to dump some pokemon saves files, configure it with PokeGen etc for pve playing and get that save file back to the original pokemon black cartridge. I also want to make some backups of my legal nds cardridges, and if possible of my pokemon rubin and saphhire.

I made some research on this beautiful forum how to dump nds games.
    I red the "http://gbatemp.net/topic/274290-how-to-dump-your-own-3dsds-gamessaves/" topic and i have some questions.

Which tools are now the right ones? The Topic seems to be a little outdated or not for the Supercard DSTWO.

Does the Homebrew "Wood Dumper" also work on the Supercard DSTWO? If not, are the tools of "http://gbatemp.net/topic/229551-supercard-dstwo-plug-ins/" like "NDS backup tool FTPs download" and "Savsender download" and so on the right ones?

Does anyone has experience on dunping with the Supercard DSTWO?

How do I use it? Is there any special Howto for the SUpercard DSTWO I can find?

I own a 3ds and a normal ds. Which on ist better/ more compability for dumping?

Kind regards

2. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    Use the regular DS to dump. I was able to do it perfectly fine following the guide you linked to using an EZ Flash 3-in-1 with NDS Backup Tool 3in1 as he linked to. This was on a DS Lite.

I don't think Pokemon black saves can be moved unless new developments have come up, and you'll need special software or hardware to dump heartgold/soulsilver. If you have more questions it'd probably be best to ask them in that guide's thread.

3. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    I prefer NDS Backup Tool. I haven't dumped using it on the Supercard, but its sister dumper GBA Backup Tool works well, so I assume it works on the DSTwo as well.

4. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    The best way is with an EZflash 3-in-1 on a 3DS.
    hur hur

5. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    you know there is some hardware options available:
    1) a save dongle made by r4i-sdhc.com team that works great for your save problems. It cheap to buy here.
    2) Or if you want hardware to do both saves and dumping you can buy this.

I like number 2 myself, but I own number 1.

6. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    Were you one of the 300?

7. memoryofds
    OP

memoryofds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, I managed to dump my rom and savefile with the ds. Wooddumper works just fine with the Supercard. With 3ds it doesn't work. Now i have another question. The dumping speed is very slow. It took 30 minutes for 27 mb.

Is there also a posiibility to dump Firmware and BIOS from the NDS with the Supercard? ( I managed this also :) )

Is there any possibility to make the dumping speed faster?
    Is it with the special Hardware faster?