Dumping to SD?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by supermario18, May 12, 2016.

1. supermario18
    OP

supermario18 That Mario fan

May 3, 2016
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Is there a ddd-like app that dumps to the SD Card? If not, is it possible?

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I think we are limited right now with SD access, however I firmly believe it's possible.

We can read from SD to load games and we can save game saves to SD, so I don't see why it can't be expanded for DDD to dump to SD in batches at least.

3. supermario18
    OP

supermario18 That Mario fan

May 3, 2016
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I was thinking of something like cleanrip that doesn't require a computer to dump.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I keep hoping loadiine will get DDD integrated in future the same way wiiflow rips and loads...

Voxel likes this.
  5. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    We only have access to a game's working file tree when that game is running. Most games don't have SD card access which is why they can't be dumped to SD

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't games loaded through loadiine save to SD (unique or other mode)??

7. Kohmei

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Games loaded through loadiine are already loaded through a title that has SD card access (Miimaker, SSB4). I mean, I guess you could technically dump the loaded game at that point but you already have it dumped? We are talking about a game that you haven't dumped yet. I think theoretically a game like SSB4 could be dumped to SD but most games don't have SD card access

KiiWii likes this.
  8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Right I get you now. If you could boot the game through the same method as loadiine, you could theoretically dump any disc? Like a wrapper?

Stupid question: How does DDD dump over wifi? I'm guessing gecko etc rather than the game have wifi access (similar to SD access reasoning). Kexploit allows wifi access in background?

I really have never used DDD/TCPgecko or cafiine

9. Kohmei

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Network access isn't as heavily restricted as SD access, I'm guessing. ddd is a server process that you can connect to using a client program on your PC, but the files it can access are limited to the current open title (similar to how a user account on a PC without admin privileges would be blocked from accessing certain files)