drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

One of my friends just bought a Wii. He doesn't have a credit card, and really doesn't want to pay $20 to get a Wii Points card just so he can download the Internet Channel.
So I told him I could help him install it from a .wad.

But the problem is, I can't find a US-NTSC .wad anywhere. All the ones floating around are PAL. And I know we're not supposed to ask for .wad files here, so I won't.

But somebody told me I could also dump my Wii's memory, and then decrypt the Internet Channel from mine, then use that to install it on my friend's. I have no idea what that involves. Is there a guide to that somewhere? Because I'd be willing to do it, I just need the tools to dump and decrypt it from my Wii, and then to install it on another one.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FreeTheWADs will also work. Be sure to get him to give you $5 and you buy it again
smile.gif

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
FreeTheWADs will also work. Be sure to get him to give you $5 and you buy it again

LOL. I never bought it to begin with. I've had my Wii for a year and half now... remember, the Internet channel used to be free! (I still have the "Trial version" backed up on my SD card for kicks)

I'll use the FS dumper... how will I know which channel is the Internet Channel?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some people have both us and euro version , but since its illegal to post the links , these people wouldnt be allowed , but may be may be able to find another way if you asked these people nicely.

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
hi !
sir djtaz, may i have some clues?
PM me please, want the same as drfsupercenter.

i'm like a fly over shit, when it smells well, i'm not very far away! lol

thanks!

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, mynoud said the one he got was 35.7MB, that's the same size as the one I made.

So I think it's fine.

Now, my favorites and stuff... that's stored in the save game data, not in the actual program data, right? Of course, my friend probably wouldn't mind having some 20 pre-made bookmarks LOL

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL.

I'll pass on that... I successfully made a .wad. I haven't gone over to his house yet to install it but I'm assuming it'll work. (Now, getting HBC on a new Wii with new IOS, that might be a problem... I'll take my downgrading guide with me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No sadly