ROM Hack Dumped some Code Sections, need a way to modify it

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,232
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey tempers. I have dumped few clean Code Sections (aka code.bin or codebin) off Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land using "Dump Code Sections" options for Corbenik / Skeith CFW.

Can I edit that file correctly so it redirects game files off SD card directories? SaltySD is used on Super Smash Bros. to load mods even on Pokemon Sun/Moon.

I tried using a Hex editor to change rom:/Sound/ctr_dash.bcsar to sd:/<my directory>/ctr_dash.bcsar or sdmc:/ (custom code sects are actually using sd:/ and sdmc:/) that points game files stored in RomFS but the game instantly crashes on startup. Or is it too hardcoded?

That would be faster to load ROM hacks after booting Luma3DS without needing OnionFS, I don't mind about NTR cheats.

Last edited by ,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey tempers. I have dumped few clean Code Sections (aka code.bin or codebin) off Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land using "Dump Code Sections" options for Corbenik / Skeith CFW.

Can I edit that file correctly so it redirects game files off SD card directories? SaltySD is used on Super Smash Bros. to load mods even on Pokemon Sun/Moon.

I tried using a Hex editor to change rom:/Sound/ctr_dash.bcsar to sd:/<my directory>/ctr_dash.bcsar or sdmc:/ (custom code sects are actually using sd:/ and sdmc:/) that points game files stored in RomFS but the game instantly crashes on startup. Or is it too hardcoded?

That would be faster to load ROM hacks after booting Luma3DS without needing OnionFS, I don't mind about NTR cheats.
You can't do it that way, that's the reason why homebrew such as layeredfs/onionfs exist.

D

Deleted User

OP
You can't do it that way, that's the reason why homebrew such as layeredfs/onionfs exist.
Not even IDA Pro code dissassembler? :( I would stick with OnionFS anyway rather than wasting time on attempting to edit file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL