ROM Hack Dump romfs from installed Software?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I want to dump the romfs of an installed game but I don't know how.
I worked on a lot of modifications for a lot of games ~ 1 1/2 years ago and was used to decrypt and extract cia files.
Now, after a lot of progress was made in the 3DS Scene I want to ask if there's a simple and easy way to dump the romfs of an installed game.
If yes, how?

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,

I worked on a lot of modifications for a lot of games ~ 1 1/2 years ago and was used to decrypt and extract cia files.
Now, after a lot of progress was made in the 3DS Scene I want to ask if there's a simple and easy way to dump the romfs of an installed game.
If yes, how?
hmh maybe braindump
but this only dump it to cxi

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmh maybe braindump
but this only dump it to cxi
That's not true, different versions dump different files an older version 100% dumps the RomFS/ExeFS.bin files for extraction. Either way that's an outdated tool regardless.
The OP can just use either Godmode9 to dump installed titles to a CIA or he can mount the image and rip the RomFS directly to his SD card without all the hassle.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's not true, different versions dump different files an older version 100% dumps the RomFS/ExeFS.bin files for extraction. Either way that's an outdated tool regardless.
The OP can just use either Godmode9 to dump installed titles to a CIA or he can mount the image and rip the RomFS directly to his SD card without all the hassle.
but godmode9 does not work on non cfw hm...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

If yes, how?
Firstly, as I have no clue on your set up, you may desire to follow http://3ds.guide to get boot9strap if you are working from stock or https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s if you are working from arm9loaderhax. Just to ensure that you are working on the same system as anyone else.

After that I'd recommend studying this page (saying studying since it explains a lot about GM9 itself that is useful): https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage

And also study this wiki: https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki

I'm saying studying here again because these things are kinda complicated to explain.

Anyway best of luck!

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've a N3DS with B9S, Luma 8.1.1, Godmode9-Payload, Linux-Payload, D9-Payload installed (since B9S is out).
I absolutly have no problems when it comes to homebrewing stuff or modding games (worked on the Fire Emblem If - Fantranslation and on some other projects, too).
I stopped modding Games / decrypting games and stuff ~1 1/2 Years ago (when I got my hands on the official developer stuff).

I've found out that I'm able to mount a 0000000x.app from SD Card with Godmode9 as own Drive.
Did it with Minecraft which I got through Freeshop.
When I try to dump the romfs from the virtual drive to my SD Card (root, gm9out or somewhere else), I get a message that the process failed.
I'm unable to dump the romfs.bin to the SD Card. Is there a reason why?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've a N3DS with B9S, Luma 8.1.1, Godmode9-Payload, Linux-Payload, D9-Payload installed (since B9S is out).
I absolutly have no problems when it comes to homebrewing stuff or modding games (worked on the Fire Emblem If - Fantranslation and on some other projects, too).
I stopped modding Games / decrypting games and stuff ~1 1/2 Years ago (when I got my hands on the official developer stuff).

I've found out that I'm able to mount a 0000000x.app from SD Card with Godmode9 as own Drive.
Did it with Minecraft which I got through Freeshop.
When I try to dump the romfs from the virtual drive to my SD Card (root, gm9out or somewhere else), I get a message that the process failed.
I'm unable to dump the romfs.bin to the SD Card. Is there a reason why?
If you just want the romfs use GM9 to mount the .app and copy the romfs/ folder to your SD card (press the copy button, go back, go to SD and press paste).

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you just want the romfs use GM9 to mount the .app and copy the romfs/ folder to your SD card (press the copy button, go back, go to SD and press paste).
As I explained before, this happens :(

I've still more than 2GB space on SD
Using latest Luma and latest GM9

Attachments

• WP_20170920_18_35_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170920_18_35_45_Pro.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 286

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat