Gaming Dummies Guide to Decrypting and Patching on m33-6

sekhu

moo?
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
1,151
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
349
Country
I've googled around and found a few guides, but I still find them complicated as I don't understand what they're asking me to do. I read you have to use your psp to patch the game? Is that correct? Can someone give me a quick dummies step guide to patching games for m33-6?

I have a pandora battery, on 5.00 m33-6 and a it's a psp 1000. I've downloaded something called UMDGEN 4.0 and something called Yoshis Decryptor. I just don't understand the steps properly. I'm trying to patch Assassin's Creed 2 as well as LBP.

Would be grateful for some help and guidance.

Thanks in advance
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
Open UMDGen, and then open up your ISO/CSO
go into the SYSDIR folder, take that EBOOT.BIN file, and put it on the root of your memory card.

Run the decryptor, and then once it's finshed, you will get a new folder on the root of your memory card, and a new eboot.bin file will be there, delete the eboot.bin off your ISO, and then replace it with that one

Click save and then save as ISO or CSO.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me on this, it's been a while.
 

Shelleeson

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
928
Trophies
0
Location
i'm here....silly.
XP
313
Country
LBP works on m33-6 without patching (that is unless i got one that had already been patched) it wasn't stated
unsure.gif
 

sekhu

moo?
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
1,151
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
349
Country
deanxxczx said:
Open UMDGen, and then open up your ISO/CSO
go into the SYSDIR folder, take that EBOOT.BIN file, and put it on the root of your memory card.

Run the decryptor, and then once it's finshed, you will get a new folder on the root of your memory card, and a new eboot.bin file will be there, delete the eboot.bin off your ISO, and then replace it with that one

Click save and then save as ISO or CSO.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me on this, it's been a while.


Thanks for the guide Dean.

With regards to the steps though, when you say Open UMDGEN and open your iso - I take it this is done on the PC?

When I run the decryptor, I guess I point it to the eboot.bin file on the root of the memory card? Then save save as ISO while still conencted to the memory stick right?

It doesn't sound so daunting now, but just those questions to clarify if possible.

EDIT: Can all this be done while connected to the PSP via Usb?

thanks
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah UMDgen is done on the PC, and you have to disconnect your PSP to run the Decryptor, and then you just connect again.

It's a load of steps, but its easy
smile.gif

I recommend that you make a copy of your ISO to try out (Just in case you mess up and have to download again)
 

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
1,550
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Cornwall
Website
Visit site
XP
221
Country
deanxxczx said:
PC
Open UMDGen, and then open up your ISO/CSO
go into the SYSDIR folder, take that EBOOT.BIN file, and put it on the root of your memory card.
PSP
Run the decryptor, and then once it's finshed,
PC
you will get a new folder on the root of your memory card, and a new eboot.bin file will be there,(back in UMDGen) delete the original eboot.bin off your ISO, and then replace it with the new one that the decrypter made.
Click save and then save as ISO or CSO.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me on this, it's been a while.

slightly edited the guide hope the changes I made where right XD I'll right up a simple guide on how to do it all later when I have access to my psp.
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
DarkWay said:
deanxxczx said:
PC
Open UMDGen, and then open up your ISO/CSO
go into the SYSDIR folder, take that EBOOT.BIN file, and put it on the root of your memory card.
PSP
Run the decryptor, and then once it's finshed,
PC
you will get a new folder on the root of your memory card, and a new eboot.bin file will be there,(back in UMDGen) delete the original eboot.bin off your ISO, and then replace it with the new one that the decrypter made.
Click save and then save as ISO or CSO.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me on this, it's been a while.

slightly edited the guide hope the changes I made where right XD I'll right up a simple guide on how to do it all later when I have access to my psp.

u madez my guide moar beeter.

rofl2.gif
 

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
1,550
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Cornwall
Website
Visit site
XP
221
Country
my guide will take a little longer to do now as some asswipe stopped my download so they could go watch tele on their computer thats an hour of downloading gone down the drain now ¬¬ *goes to find shotgun*
 

FencingFoxFTW

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
404
Trophies
0
XP
228
Country
cheers

after changing the eboot.bin, but before saving the new iso(or cso), you can also use the Optimize option in UMDGen to delete out some unneeded files(updates and dummy files)
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
Viteh said:
cheers

after changing the eboot.bin, but before saving the new iso(or cso), you can also use the Optimize option in UMDGen to delete out some unneeded files(updates and dummy files)

for anyone that wants to know this, it's the 'dummy search' option.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/28/entertainment/coolio-obit/index.html