Hacking Dumb newbie with a Loadiine question

CodeBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to find some other thread that asked this question first. While it's possible that I overlooked it, I saw nothing and so I created an account to ask it myself. If anybody else has it in the future, than they hopefully look to this thread. And if I'm not the first, apologies ahead of time. I had several more questions originally, but looking around had most of those questions answered, so they are now a non-issue.

I'll cut to the chase. Is the loadiine process possible with a USB Stick rather than an SD Card? The reason I ask is due to a rather simple but extremely annoying roadblock: My Wii U's SD reader seems to be non-functional. I've had this specific console since around 2014, and somewhere along the way it must have become defunct, despite me not using it much. I looked around and it is a rather common issue, and I've taken several measures to get it working again. The pins are fine, I'm tried using multiple SD cards, and all of those SD Cards were theoretically compatible with the system. I looked at the cost of getting it repaired, just to find out that the potential cost is upwards of a hundred bucks. Now, at such an inflated price, I can only assume they must replacing the whole motherboard or something drastic like that. But the fact stands that I'm not willing to pay a full Benjamin for the "privilege" of my 100% completed save files being wiped, as it often does whenever I have Nintendo repair something. At that rate, I might as well get a new console without the gamepad off of Amazon and save a few bucks.

So, yeah. Repairing is likely a lost cause.

I've been wanting to get homebrew on my Wii U for a while now, but I kept putting it off. But I've accepted that I might as well just not play any games on it until I get the issue resolved. Odds are, I'll just be starting at square one again, anyway. So any help is appreciated.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I heard something about loadiine a few years ago being possible from usb but I never did it myself. Not very many people did it because they would just use usb to install games and get better speeds but that's not possible for you without the sd card reader working.

Last edited by ,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To make loadiine gx2 work with USB storage you need to use a modified version of mocha. Problem being is mocha needs to be loaded from sd first. The other issue is that games on USB load even slower in Loadiine gx2 than they do from sd card.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

CodeBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make loadiine gx2 work with USB storage you need to use a modified version of mocha. Problem being is mocha needs to be loaded from sd first. The other issue is that games on USB load even slower in Loadiine gx2 than they do from sd card.
So, I'm basically screwed, as I suspected. Well, thanks for the insight anyway. Much appreciated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It may be possible to bake mocha-fat32 into the browser exploit (for the 5.5.0/1 one, at least) - but ultimately it's still a triple questionable hackjob (software workaround to hardware problem, mocha-fat32, and loadiine)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: