Duke Nukem Forever

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did they remember the cooking mama style gameplay?
unsure.gif

I noticed they remembered the liberal use of full frontal nudity though
yay.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
No kicking (unless they changed it and will now let you kick at any time instead of just the animation when you freeze a guy)
Halo style weapon switching (unless they changed it when people realised it was fucking stupid)
Sniper Rifles.

What a shitty (console-ized) comeback.

p.s. rated M for Manly, but I bet they took they took the MANLINESS MECHANIC out of the game.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
No kicking (unless they changed it and will now let you kick at any time instead of just the animation when you freeze a guy)
Halo style weapon switching (unless they changed it when people realised it was fucking stupid)
Sniper Rifles.

What a shitty (console-ized) comeback.
So what you're saying is they ruined it? Figures. I'll probably buy it anyway though... I mean it is the Duke after all...

Oh and I did see "PC" in the logos at the end. so even if it's on consoles that's not much different than the first duke ... If you remember it ended up on major consoles back then too.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Difference being this time it's been simplified with consoles in mind, rather than being built for PC with the consoles as an afterthought.

Edit: They better put an empty pack of gum in the box with the game.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Have you ppl noticed at 1:10 it says "AND WE'RE FUCKING BRINGING IT" then again at the end of the trailer when Duke says "yeah, but after 12 f**king years, it better be" they censored it? Who's the genius? XD

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Have you ppl noticed at 1:10 it says "AND WE'RE FUCKING BRINGING IT" then again at the end of the trailer when Duke says "yeah, but after 12 f**king years, it better be" they censored it? Who's the genius? XD
I didn't watch it with audio yet... but I noticed that even on the official site it's pixilated (because they used youtube to host the video I guess) even after they confirm your age... so that's pretty lame...
glare.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Searinox said:
Law said:
Searinox said:
There is no hardcore metal remix of the grabbag theme in the vid. I wonder how the hell they could have missed that?!

They're saving it for launch.
Whut? There aren't enough remixes out there to use one for each?

My guess? They don't want every trailer having a remix of the same song only to have a metal version as the main theme. When people hear it as the main theme they'll just go "Oh hey its that song I've heard a remix of 100 times already". Everything in moderation, otherwise you won't have that "FUCK YEAH" feeling at launch.

Besides, the track they used has the perfect name.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 13 years of delays, nothing they could put on that disc will be worth the wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM