DSTWO with EZ Flash 3-in-1 HELP

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by fake276, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012
  1. fake276
    OP

Newcomer fake276 Newbie

United States
    First of all, this is my first time posting here so if I posted this in the wrong section, please move it.

Okay, so I just got a DSTWO to replace my Acekard 2i yesterday. I used my Acekard in conjunction with the EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion in slot-2 to load GBA roms, and I experienced next to no problems with it. Now, I understand that the DSTWO has its own GBA emulator, but I tried it out with Minish Cap and it was very slow. I realize that not every game will work perfectly, but I'd much rather use the DSTWO with the EZ Flash to get it as close to perfect as possible.

Now, here's my problem: I know I have to use GBA Exploader to load the GBA roms with the EZ Flash 3-in-1, but other than that I don't know what to do. I placed the .ini and .nds in the _dstwoplug folder (not sure if that was what I was supposed to do, but it made sense) and I made GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN folders at the root for saves and roms respectively. However, after I start up the loader from the DSTWO's menu, I get confused with all the options for SAV and SRAM and all this stuff that I know nothing about. I just pressed A through everything and tried launching Minish Cap, but it's not seeing the save that I placed in the GBA_SAVE folder.

If anybody could help me play my original save then I would really appreciate it. At this point, I'm not sure if the problem is my poor understanding of the DSTWO or the GBA Exploader, or I'm placing things in the wrong folder, or I'm pressing the wrong buttons to start up my games or whatever. I would rather not have to go back to my Acekard, but if I can't resolve this issue then I'm just going to have to suck up the fact that I dropped $40 on a new flashcard that I won't even use.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    See this for proper setup. It has to be the same filename as the .gba in GBA_SIGN.