DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have a dstwo running eos 1.11 and firmware 1.09 (all current). I just want to do the lastest patch, my question is, do I need to format my memory stick or can I just overwrite the files I need to. I am just wondering because tranferring all my data back after the format takes over an hour, so I'd rather not have to.

Thanks

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
DSdonkey77 said:
Hi, I have a dstwo running eos 1.11 and firmware 1.09 (all current). I just want to do the lastest patch, my question is, do I need to format my memory stick or can I just overwrite the files I need to. I am just wondering because tranferring all my data back after the format takes over an hour, so I'd rather not have to.

Thanks
You should be able to overwrite the files and have it work.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mabilouz said:
DSdonkey77 said:

Thanks

So you're sure it won't cause my system to be unstable?

Thanks

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
DSdonkey77 said:
mabilouz said:
DSdonkey77 said:

Thanks

Thanks
It is fine to overwrite it, how else do you propose to patch it? Remove the files to be patched, individually and replace with the patched ones? Just a slower way of doing the same thing.
I can't guarantee you that there won't be an iffy file on your card. I can't guarantee it on my own card for that matter. If you are at all concerned then make double sure you have everything backed up first.* Or back up, reformat and start fresh if it makes you feel safer.

It is up to you. But I am not prepared to take responsibility for any issues that arise. If you are still concerned wait for some more people to comment and see what they say. But if the card is backed up I don't see how reformatting if it does go pear shaped is a drama. It is only an SD card.
smile.gif

*It is common sense to have a backup all the time somewhere safe anyway just in case.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mabilouz said:
DSdonkey77 said:
mabilouz said:
DSdonkey77 said:

Thanks

Thanks
It is fine to overwrite it, how else do you propose to patch it? Remove the files to be patched, individually and replace with the patched ones? Just a slower way of doing the same thing.
I can't guarantee you that there won't be an iffy file on your card. I can't guarantee it on my own card for that matter. If you are at all concerned then make double sure you have everything backed up first.* Or back up, reformat and start fresh if it makes you feel safer.

It is up to you. But I am not prepared to take responsibility for any issues that arise. If you are still concerned wait for some more people to comment and see what they say. But if the card is backed up I don't see how reformatting if it does go pear shaped is a drama. It is only an SD card.
smile.gif

*It is common sense to have a backup all the time somewhere safe anyway just in case.
Okay, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up