DSTwo on 3ds & DStwo plus

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jay L, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jay L
    OP

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    Hey,
    I have some questions about the DSTwo card and since the official documentation I written in engrish it wasn't very helpful.
    If i upgrade my dstwo card to work on my 3ds will it still work on my ds; assuming its usable on the latest 3ds firmware (with a9lh and luma installed)?
    For the card itself it seems like theres firmware and then also EOS, is anyone familiar with this willing to explain (the official guide, which is simple, left me more confused than before).

Finally for the newer DSTwo plus it claims the upgraded hardware in the card will help it play
    Things like snes emulated games better (on the ds at least), is there any truth to this?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The DSTwo will still work on the DS(i) and 3DS once you update the firmware. Luma3DS has TWL patches builtin, so basically it doesn't matter how out of date your DSTWO is, just so long as it worked on 3DS OFW 1.1. Which basically means it will work on Luma3DS and you can use your 3DS to update Firmware of the cart.
    Basically you just download the kernel (EOS) and put in the root of your microSD card. Then get the NDS ROMS you want and put in a folder on your SD card. That's it, that's all you need to do.
    If you have a new3DS, use SNES ROM injection. ROM injections work a lot better than the DSTwo emulator. If you have an old3DS, you can't do ROM injection, so you are stuck with the DSTwo.
    Don't buy a DSTwo+, the hardware is a little better, but doesn't show that much improvement in emulation. It's basically just a slightly better DSTwo with a crappy ReiNAND CFW.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jan 14, 2017
    Jay L likes this.
  3. Jay L
    OP

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    As always thanks for the quick response. The community on this board is 2nd to none.

4. Squirps

Squirps Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The corner in that dark alley.
    Be warned that the DSTWO is a MASSIVE drain on the battery life of the 3DS because of its internal processor. The 3DS will constantly feed power to the card even when on sleep mode, so don't be shocked if you only get about 2-3 hours on a single charge.