Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dsicon.gif
DSTTi announced
The 2nd DSi compatible flash kit

The TopToy team have today unveiled the DSTTi - the world's second commercial DSi compatible flash kit. Unlike the Acekard 2i, the DSTTi boot loader is not updatable, and the team have issued a warning that even appears on the packaging that the DSTTi may be made obsolete by a potential DSi firwmare update by Nintendo.

Like the AK2i, the DSTTi is identical to the original DSTT feature-wise. But at approx $21USD (Dealextreme), the Acekard team now have someone to compete with. We've got some more photos in the thread for you, just hit the discussion link below.

[title:DSTTi Feature List]
  • Support for DSi, NDS, NDSL.
  • DS original cartridge size, Slot1 interface.
  • Plug 'n Play, easy to use, just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.
  • No FlashMe, built-in NoPass, and the GBA cards in slot2 can be started directly.
  • Supports CleanROM, No covert.
  • 100% SDHC TF and standard TF compatibility up to 4TB(4096GB) flash memory card.
  • High speed SDHC. Supports any TF card speed with no lag in game,
  • Save directly to TF card, not to onboard chip, Never lose your saves.
  • Automatically detect and generate save type.
  • Supports Moonshell and homebrew. DLDI auto-patching.
  • Supports FAT/FAT32, works on any OS.
  • Supports Action Replay cheat and edit the code base.
  • Built-in energy-saving design.
  • User friendly skinnable interface. Touchscreen or button operation. Supports Skin DIY.
  • Supports the “Hot-Key” SOFT RESET.
  • Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser.
  • Supports Download play.
  • Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment ( DS Lite only ).
  • Free SDHC high-speed reader, Ultimate copy documents.
discuss.png
Discuss

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Unlike the Acekard 2i, the DSTTi boot loader is not updatable, and the team have issued a warning that even appears on the packaging that the DSTTi may be made obsolete by a potential DSi firwmare update by Nintendo.

This sounds like they're announcing how they're shooting themselves in the foot. For one thing, what's to say that Nintendo won't update the firmware when they officially bring the DS-i to NA or Europe? Then they have a cart that only works in a single market (and even then probably temporarily once that market gets an upgrade).

It's seems like it's really just a great scam to take advantage of early adopters, because anyone who buys this is potentially quickly screwed. I mean, sure, they're admitting that it's a problem, but it feels like they're hoping people won't do their homework before they buy it.

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Unlike the Acekard 2i, the DSTTi boot loader is not updatable, and the team have issued a warning that even appears on the packaging that the DSTTi may be made obsolete by a potential DSi firwmare update by Nintendo.
When was it established that AK2i boot loader is updatable? Its highly likely that even in the event that the AK2i boot loader is updatable, Nintendo could still integrate some checks into the firmware which will defeat AK2i regardless, with the only way to invalidate these additional checks being an update to the hardware logic in the Actel chip on the AK2i, which could only be applied to newly produced units and not anything already in customers hands.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still no mention of this flash cart on the official ndstt.com website.

I sent them the following e-mail:

QUOTE said:
Is this (DSTTi) real or fake: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18944

You have no mention of it on your website.

I received the following response:

QUOTEsorry, dealetreme sell a lot fake dstts and everyday some users will send email to complain that dealextreme sell fake , so i can't sure dstti they sell is real or fake.
don't buy it for safer.

-Bri

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol, even DSTT said it themselves, its as if they know that Nintendo will block out their Flashcards. I'm just gonna wait to see what happens, and to see whats Nintendo's response to this. I mean i still remember when the first Flashcards came out for the NDS/NDSL. They were good, but not amazing, only until later did the better flashcards get released like the Acekard2, EDGE etc. All we have to do is just WAIT, i believe Nintendo are just gonna wait until everyone buys this thus wasting their money, and then they are gonna block it out. With all my respect to DSTT, i believe that they made this card just to get some quick money.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
So many things can happen in 30 seconds:

- You go to GBAtemp homepage
- You see the words "DSTTi announced: you feel happy
- You read on
- You see the words "the DSTTi boot loader is not updatable": you say to yourself WTF!?!?
- You comment

Yes it is a waste of money.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still think people are being overly negative...... nintendo will only issue a firmware update to block these flash cards if they actually have a way to detect them, or can be bothered to spend a lot of money on finding a way to and then developing it, it has been years since flashcards for the DS were released and all this time they could have released a new hardware revision to block them....

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Meh, at least it's cheaper than games.
laugh.gif

I'm sure that even if this thing gets patched, there could be a flashme for dsi by then.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't care much for dsi, but if you are getting one it seems more logical to get the acecard instead of that one, there is a high probability that nintendo we'll upgrate their firmware, and the acecard is upgradable, buying this card would be a waste of money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte