DSTT removes all content from the SD card

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by markymark2, Mar 5, 2009.

Mar 5, 2009
  1. markymark2
    OP

Newcomer markymark2 Member

i have set up some of theses cards for friends. 2 gig kingston SD. after playing for a while the cart gives the menu? screen. the SD card has nothing on it. the DSTT removes all content from the SD card leaving it blank. i have been around flash carts for a while and have been following best practice wit regards to the DSTT but this leaves me stumped. i reformat the card, reload files and all is well. i am just trying to avoid redoing the content of the SD card over and over again. this has happened on 2 cards that i know of. how much space should be left on the card after save files are created? do trimmed files create these problems? any advice?

2. APImagine

Newcomer APImagine Member

Canada
    Did you follow Bri's steps for reformatting and setting up the SD card to run the DSTT?

I had trouble when I first got the DSTT, and after trying those steps, everything's been great.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Here they are again:
    [*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.[*]Always keep the following in mind:
    • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
    • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
    • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
    • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
    • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
    If that doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. You should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem.

-Bri